Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Monroe county references

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Are you certain of that? I'm pretty sure it said you must have known the reference for atleast a year. I would re-read the application. It's been covered here in great length over another member who faced a similar situation. Lieing on a government form is illegal.

If you ask me to be your reference and I write down that I've known you for a year, but I haven't, then that is illegal.
    If some one asked me to be their reference I would base the period I have know them on how long I have been reading their posts. That is just as good as talking to them in person... probably better, because people here are more open. Knowing someone is subjective by its very nature.

I have the application and instruction in front of me. It does not state how long you need to know the person... Only that they must respond withing 45 days.
    Last edited by tsafa; June 17th, 2010 at 01:30 PM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by tsafa View Post
    If some one asked me to be their reference I would base the period I have know them on how long I have been reading their posts. That is just as good as talking to them in person... probably better, because people here are more open.
    You haven't been here for a year anyway. I would rather meet someone in person and have spent time with them to be honest. They could have a rose stem with little petals for every child they have raped running from their shoulder down to their elbow, but you wouldn't know that if you never met them.

My advice since the sheriffs requirement is illegal, is just to get people who you do know, that live in PA, to fill out the reference card as honestly as they can. If they've only known you for 3 months, then they can write that down.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Are you certain of that? I'm pretty sure it said you must have known the reference for atleast a year. I would re-read the application. It's been covered here in great length over another member who faced a similar situation. Lieing on a government form is illegal.

If you ask me to be your reference and I write down that I've known you for a year, but I haven't, then that is illegal.

Seems Monroe County instructions have quite a bit of fail in them.

Need tax bill...need dd214 if military discharged...need doctors note if disabled...reference must be monroe county references...

However...

I dont see any term limit for knowing references. The 90 day residency is for non-US residents.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567