Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Default Many in PA think you need a License to own a firearm. Even some firearm owners.

I was reading the Centre Daily times on line. I read about a policeman being bite by a pitbull. In the comments section something got me going. Someone said that they were a gun owner and had no problem with someone having a firearm. If they were licensed and RESPONSABLE.

I have heard this before from many others and even gun owners. They think you need a license to own a firearm. Several owners think that is what the PICS check is.

I did something do not usually do in The CDT. I put in a comment. After reading this forum and all the good Info. I thought I should try to inform others about this subject. I stated you do not need a license to own a firearm.I said about the PICS check. If you Concealed Carry you need a License To Carry Firearm. I also mentioned that open carry is not against the law in PA and you do not need a license. I should have mentioned about Philly. Just went back and did that.

I would not have done this 4 months ago. This Forum and all the great information are influencing me to speak up more.

http://www.centredaily.com/2010/03/1...luck_commentedhttp://www.centredaily.com/2010/03/1...luck_commented
    Last edited by B2Luv2Hunt; March 19th, 2010 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Link added here.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Many in PA think you need a License to own a firearm. Even some firearm owners.

can youpost the link to the article.

and to get off topic how far do you live from Kettle Creek?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Adams County)

Default Re: Many in PA think you need a License to own a firearm. Even some firearm owners.

I am sure our forthcoming national id card, used for obtaining health-care and all other gov't services, will have a notation as to whether the gov't has authorized us to own a weapon.

(Clinton County)

25 min. or so from Kettle Creek.

http://www.centredaily.com/2010/03/1...luck_commented
    http://www.centredaily.com/2010/03/18/1861505/spring-twp-police-officer-attacked.html?storylink=pluck_commented[/URL]
    Last edited by B2Luv2Hunt; March 19th, 2010 at 09:49 AM.

(Berks County)

Spring Township police officer attacked by pit bull
    From CDT staff reports

A Bellefonte police officer was treated at Mount Nittany Medical Center after he was attacked by a pit bull while responding to a reported domestic violence incident.

According to a news release from police, officers from Bellefonte and Spring Township police departments were dispatched to a reported domestic violence incident about 2:15 this morning in the 300 block of West Linn St., Bellefonte.

When they arrived at the residence of Korey Krape, police say he refused to allow officers inside the residence and threatened to have his dog attack any officers who came inside.

A Spring Township officer entered the residence through a window and tried to arrest Krape, at which time Krape's pit bull attacked the officer, causing several puncture wounds to the officer's leg.

Krape was arrested and charged with simple assault and harassment, police said.

The officer, who was not named in the news release, was treated at Mount Nittany and released.

Read more: http://www.centredaily.com/2010/03/1...#ixzz0idMVciKo
    He doesn't consent to letting them in, so the officer goes through a window?

What. The. Fuck?

(Clinton County)

The firearm owner that got me going wrote a comment to My comment.

" B2Luv2Hunt,

Thanks for the clarification for everyone. That's what I was implying, but misspoke/typed"

Read more: http://www.centredaily.com/2010/03/1...#ixzz0ifcMG4Fs

(Centre County)

Post deleted by poster
    Last edited by TheF00L; April 12th, 2010 at 02:53 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Did someone from inside the house call the police I wonder?
    FNX-9 Two-tone

Quote Originally Posted by B2Luv2Hunt View Post
    I was reading the Centre Daily times on line. I read about a policeman being bite by a pitbull. In the comments section something got me going. Someone said that they were a gun owner and had no problem with someone having a firearm. If they were licensed and RESPONSABLE.

I have heard this before from many others and even gun owners. They think you need a license to own a firearm. Several owners think that is what the PICS check is.

I did something do not usually do in The CDT. I put in a comment. After reading this forum and all the good Info. I thought I should try to inform others about this subject. I stated you do not need a license to own a firearm.I said about the PICS check. If you Concealed Carry you need a License To Carry Firearm. I also mentioned that open carry is not against the law in PA and you do not need a license. I should have mentioned about Philly. Just went back and did that.

I would not have done this 4 months ago. This Forum and all the great information are influencing me to speak up more.

. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Luv2Hunt View Post
    The firearm owner that got me going wrote a comment to My comment.

" B2Luv2Hunt,

Thanks for the clarification for everyone. That's what I was implying, but misspoke/typed"

. . .
    Never rule out the possibility of a "false flag" operation, a "seminar caller" as Limbaugh calls them. Someone tries to lend credibility to his argument by pretending to be sympathetic to your cause, in fact he's "a life-long hunter and gun owner" or something similar, but he just disagrees on this one point.

Sometimes you can tell, when they brag about their "45mm semi-automatic service revolver" or "AK-16" rifle, just like they hunted deer with upstate. Usually, they don't screw up that badly. But a "gun owner" who thinks that ownership requires a license, that's a red flag, since he himself could not have that "owner's license". But a gun hater could claim to own guns, and think that a license is required.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    He doesn't consent to letting them in, so the officer goes through a window?

What. The. Fuck?
    Yes. Bingham City v. Stewart comes to mind although may not be the best example in this case. The world is colored in shades of gray, not black and white. Things come up. These things are exigent circumstances.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast