Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ar15 pistol

Default Re: ar15 pistol

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    piston buffers are a tttaaaddd different from standard AR buffers, and don't hang off the back which is what I was talking about.
    Now I'm curious. I cant say I have seen a piston buffer other than the type which replaces the standard rifle or car recoil spring and buffer system that still requires a extension tube. Can you point me to such a animal. I'm always looking for new toys.

Quote Originally Posted by stevew58 View Post
    Now I'm curious. I cant say I have seen a piston buffer other than the type which replaces the standard rifle or car recoil spring and buffer system that still requires a extension tube. Can you point me to such a animal. I'm always looking for new toys.
    not sure exactly what youre trying to say. I'm talking about how piston uppers do not require the buffer tube, which is why you can close the end of the receiver off for pistols, and put folding stock setups on the rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    not sure exactly what youre trying to say. I'm talking about how piston uppers do not require the buffer tube, which is why you can close the end of the receiver off for pistols, and put folding stock setups on the rifles.
    Unless your not speaking of a AR15 style rifle, every piston upper I have handled or fired requires a buffer assy either spring or piston (hydraulic)style and a buffer tube. The bolt carrier has to go somewhere. The only exception to this is a .22 caliber upper designed around the Atchison style bolt. Point me to whatever your speaking of as I never run across such a beast.

Unless your not speaking of a AR15 style rifle, every piston upper I have handled or fired requires a buffer assy either spring or piston (hydraulic)style and a buffer tube. The bolt carrier has to go somewhere. The only exception to this is a .22 caliber upper designed around the Atchison style bolt. Point me to whatever your speaking of as I never run across such a beast.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...ategory_id=415

http://www.para-usa.com/new/product_...large.php?id=1

ETA: I see what you are saying now though(was on my iphone and only half paying attention), and I guess the above arent exactly standard--though what is in the piston world.

I think the RRA pistol is going to turn into my next SBR once I figure out the deal w/ those handguards.
    Last edited by XD45; March 25th, 2010 at 07:55 PM.

I was just looking at the Para TTR. I kind of remember hearing about it a while ago but as many things do it slipped through the gray matter. From what I have read the TTR uses a similar design as the OA93 as well as a shortened carrier. It does look interesting.
    I see we are from the same neck of the woods, where do you shoot. I'd like to eyeball that RR when you get it.

ETA
    You may be better off using the RR car to convert to a SBR. With the recoil system and the spring around the barrel as well as the handguards it may be a major project to convert either. With the Car the barrel looks to have a bit of room to cut it down.
    Last edited by stevew58; March 25th, 2010 at 08:11 PM.

I was just looking at the Para TTR. I kind of remember hearing about it a while ago but as many things do it slipped through the gray matter. From what I have read the TTR uses a similar design as the OA93 as well as a shortened carrier. It does look interesting.
    I see we are from the same neck of the woods, where do you shoot. I'd like to eyeball that RR when you get it.
    I do most of my shooting at PMSC, but belong to NSSA and Allegheny country as I live and work by those two.

It'll probably be a little wait on the new RRA, i've called a couple times and they dont seem to be fans of giving out info on any future plans/styles they might have for it and they also won't sell just the uppers as of now.

I shoot at Allegheny County I've been a member there since 82. I live about 10 minutes away.
    I cant count how many times I bought something to find in a month what I really wanted would be out soon.

May see you up on the hill someday, I usually make it by 2-3 times a week for either rifle, pistol or trap.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123