Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Chiappa 1911 .22

Anyone ever shoot one of these or have any experience. Saw one at the local gun shop today. The website for them is www.1911-22.com. Decent price just hoping for some feedback on how they perform, not looking for anything fancy just something reliable and cheap to shoot.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Chiappa 1911 .22

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle1248 View Post
    Anyone ever shoot one of these or have any experience. Saw one at the local gun shop today. The website for them is www.1911-22.com. Decent price just hoping for some feedback on how they perform, not looking for anything fancy just something reliable and cheap to shoot.
    Check out Gunblast.com. I think they did a review on one a while back. Usually pretty good info. I have no experience with one, but I think they are cool as hell, and right up my alley too. I'm also looking for a fun, cheap .22 plinker.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLwxZagsViQ Gunblast.com youtube video

http://www.gunblast.com/Chiappa1911-22.htm link to gunblast.com review of the .22
    Last edited by mike_yorkPA; March 19th, 2010 at 01:25 AM.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle1248 View Post
    I'm totally into this, but I'm gonna list a few potential downfalls I see. Agree or disagree, I don't care.

1. Its made of "a non ferrous alloy"... probably means zinc, like the Walther P22. Is this a bad thing? It doesn't really bother me, especially because the price. You can't expect a gun that cheap to last forever.

2. Plastic mags. I understand its not a combat pistols, but even my Kel Tec has steel mags. I don't love that detail, but aside from these two points I'm totally into it. Oh, and the lettering on the slide is ugly.

Do you mind telling us how much the ones you saw were selling for?
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Elk County)

Kyle, you're doing the right thing by asking about the Chiappa 1911. Just as one should never be the first on the block to install a new Microsoft Operating System or Service Pack, one should never rush to buy a newly-introduced firearm.

IMO they are too new to tell yet. I'm a big fan of the 1911, and the Chiappa's price is attractive. But I will wait another six months, just like I waited for two years to buy a very late model GSG-5 which has all the improvements and fixes incorporated.

FWIW, at another firearm forum a member who works at a gunshop reported about 25%-30% of the Chiappa 1911 22s they sold came back for some reason or another.

As they say with elections, "With 17% of the precincts reporting 34% of the vote, it is too early to project a winner at this time."

JMO,

Noah