Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glacier Closed?

(Monroe County)

Default Glacier Closed?

Heard a rumor that the Glacier is shut down due to massive debt and not making payroll... anyone know if this is true?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Glacier Closed?

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Heard a rumor that the Glacier is shut down due to massive debt and not making payroll... anyone know if this is true?
    really?...I went past about a week or so ago and it was packed!!!...I mean, so packed I don't even think you could pull into the parking lot any more!

(Monroe County)

I heard the same thing the other day.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    really?...I went past about a week or so ago and it was packed!!!...I mean, so packed I don't even think you could pull into the parking lot any more!
    Just because they might be packed a day or two a week does not mean that they are able to pay the bills.

(Luzerne County)

The owner is a member here (Longshot)
    Has anyone tried contacting him directly rather than spreading rumors?

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    The owner is a member here (Longshot)
    Has anyone tried contacting him directly rather than spreading rumors?
    To be honest I figured he would post up and let everyone know what the status was...
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Bucks County)

What's "Glacier"? A full name, an address, or some further ID would be helpful to understand what you are asking.

(Monroe County)

sorry for being so inconsiderate... since I posted this in the Monroe County forum and several Monroe county residents have already replied I didn't think I need to provide additional details. Its a well known restaurant in this area and has been the site of several PAFOA gatherings

here this may help:

The Glacier - In Monroe County PA

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    Just because they might be packed a day or two a week does not mean that they are able to pay the bills.
    which is specifically why my post didnt include any statements such as..."theres no way hes closed, with all the business I saw there on one day he can surely afford to pay the bills."

See, I didnt speculate one way or another about his finances, I simply stated what I saw when I passed by.

The food is good there, the prices are ok, the location is so - so....hopefully they stay open, but if not, props to him for at least making a go at it.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Yup you heard correct unfortunately. Lately I have been so busy trying to keep everything from sinking I don't really have much time or even brain power left to even function.

Anyway,

The basics are, we were sunk 6 weeks into opening last year. We ended up putting our trust in the wrong people as usual. Basically labor was running about 100-110% for the first six weeks not including the 2 weeks of training we did before opening. When we opened we had Capital to hopefully bring us through the winter into this summer, however first week of payroll was 14k and it didn't get much better from there. All our capital was pretty much gone in 6 weeks.

We removed the person/persons who would not control labor and started dropping it ourselves but the damage was pretty much done already. We floated everything we could for as long as we could but it was only a matter of time before the steam ran out.

We had been having problems making payroll since August of last year, and to our employee's credit, they stuck with us and kept believing like we did, that some how we would get though it. If it wasn't for their understanding we would have been shut down months ago, maybe we should have shut it down months ago anyway, but hind site is always 20/20.

Either way, we are currently trying a few last ditch efforts to possibly gain some sort of backing however its looking bleak. The worst part, is if we had been running it ourselves and running the labor like we were the past few months we would have been fine, but again not much point looking back.

So basically we shut it down to stop the bleeding, every day we were open was just adding more debt. So basically we are trying to get some backing and get back up and running before mid April or sooner, but there is no definite answer as to what is going to happen. We have a lot of things to catch up on and its not going to be an easy task.

But that's about all I can really get into at this time of night. We just keep praying right now, its about all we can really do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast