Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Knock on wood

(Clinton County)

Default Knock on wood

I hear about all these negative OC experiences but I have yet to have one. I know it is probably inevitable but I have had direct encounters with police while carrying and it doesn't even come up even though my firearm is plainly visible. I get the occasional stares but most people just act like nothing is going on. Maybe its where I live...maybe its how I carry myself...maybe its because I have two beautiful little girls that cast suspicion away. I am always wary of the potential for someone to try and cause trouble for me but I find that the most I get is a sideways glance now and then.

One thing though that I have noticed is that I haven't run into a fellow OC'er and all the gun owners I know around here are leery of doing it because of stories they have heard like some that have been told on here or they just prefer to CC. I think its just as important to accentuate the positive as it is to shed light on the negative. I really believe that the key to winning our fight for gun rights lies in Open Carry. Without it awareness fades and vigilance weakens. So if you haven't taken the leap; consider it. The more of us out there the more the awareness grows and the faster we break the stereotypes.

Anyone else glad they have nothing to report?

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Knock on wood

i was out on my bike yesterday OCing and didnt have any problems, stopped by a friends work to shoot the bull for a bit and he mentioned it saying i "better cover that up before i get hassled by the cops" after explaining that it was legal and the normal info schpeel, he wasnt convinced so i gave him a few websites to look up and left... tooo nice to sit and argue about little stuff.
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

Had a Local, or Trooper, couldn't tell, drive by me today, my strong side was towards him, he didn't even slow down.....

(Lehigh County)

I hit the CVS and Wendys on S 4th st (Allentown) today, no issues to report. Unless you count the piss poor service at Wendys.

You would think the guy working the register could fucking count money??!!! He didn't have to do any math just count out $4.68... This idiot took 3 attempts to count out my change.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    I hit the CVS and Wendys on S 4th st (Allentown) today, no issues to report. Unless you count the piss poor service at Wendys.

You would think the guy working the register could fucking count money??!!! He didn't have to do any math just count out $4.68... This idiot took 3 attempts to count out my change.
    Ahhhh, gotta love public education........