Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wayne County)

Default SGL 159 range is open

As of a couple weeks ago, the range north of the fairgrounds was open.

(Pike County)

Default Re: SGL 159 range is open

Where exactly is the entrance? Can not seem to find it.

I will even take coordinates if you have them.

(Wayne County)

Hope this helps. Scroll down for coordinates. http://www.huntingpa.com/sgl.html Once you are on sr4007 there is Dyberry creek on the right if you're heading north or left if you're heading south(from rt371) the entrance crosses this creek. edit: forget about those coordinates on the site. they are just the general location of the gameland. Once 4007 starts to paralell the creek, just keep an eye out and you should spot it.
    Last edited by SkullBone; January 14th, 2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: no good coordinates

(Wayne County)

Wow. Been a while since I was there. it appears to be on rt1023. here's a map from pgc, just zoom in. I hope THIS helps http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...l_map=SGL_159A

(Pike County)

Greetings

Just want to say hello and get some information.

My father in law lives in Milford and I am usually traveling about as I am retired. When I get a chance to get up to Pa every few months or so he always wants to go shoot at the range on Route 6. I just don't like the crowds and some lack knowledge to the General Range Rules. It is as if they are in their OWN world and no-one else matters. It has gotten to the point where I have just joined Heberlings for pistol. The range is small and dirty and a ride from Milford. But I like it, ALOT. Not to crowded, mostly locals, a true hunters supply shop and smith on premises to discuss your tools. They pretty much have a good attitude and leave you alone, but expect you to know and understand the rules and courtousey. I signed up myself and the old man and hope to get back next time in Pa.

I am also hoping to take the rifles up with me and head over to 159 where the rifle range is located. Can anyone tell me about the range with specifics and/or recent pics? I here it just reopened. From what I gather, it is on 1023 as noted in the above memo and shows on the map of the SGL near Sunset Lake. Appears to be a bend in the road is the entrance. Am I close?

Leaving to go back south. Presently the boat is in Ga ready to run to Fla to Marsh Harbor, Bahamas for a few months. Need to get my Jimmy Buffet attitude in High Gear.

Thanks Guys