Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Range time

Hybrid View

(York County)

Default Range time

Anyone thinking about going shooting this weekend?
    RIP -The US constitution.

(York County)

Default Re: Range time

.....Always thinking about shooting some. I am in FL till Saturday. You should come out to Starview on Sunday Morning and shoot some clays with me and some other guys. Supposed to be a good day!

so if you dont mind me asking is Starview a range nearby? Never heard of it..

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by mike_yorkPA View Post
    so if you dont mind me asking is Starview a range nearby? Never heard of it..

While you're waiting for John to respond with more precise information, I can tell you it is very close to you, just north of Springettsbury Twsp. Very nice range, too.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(York County)

Sorry for the long delay to reply.....but things move pretty slow down here in Florida. (Including the Wi-Fi)

Just like Curmudgeon had said.....Starview is just north of Springettsbury Twp. Their Address is Mt. Wolf but it is actually located in E. Manchester Twp off of Jerusalem School Rd.

It's a private club with a nice outdoor handgun range, rifle range to 500yrds, archery, and a sporting clays course that is open to the public on Sundays from 9am till 2pm. Cost is $11 for a round of 50 clays. Usually set up as 11 or 12 stations. Definitly a good time...but then again....I am somewhat bias as I have been shooting and involved there for about 6 or 7 years.

If anyone wants to check it out sometime....just let me know. I like to show people around the club and always like shooting a round of clays. (as long as I can make it out in time for Church.....the wife has threatened my life if I continually miss it)

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by NY Refugee View Post
    Anyone thinking about going shooting this weekend?
    Weekend? I couldn't wait. Me and the wife went today after work. Now we need more ammo. Midway is going to get an order today.

yea id defiantly like to check it out sometime sounds like fun, defiantly need to work on the clay and rifle range thats for sure

(York County)

John what time on Sunday, I am interested. Thanks

Raph
    RIP -The US constitution.

(York County)

Ralph - It looks like I am not returning from Florida until very late tonite so I probably won't be shooting tomorrow morning. (I know......I know!) BUT...if you want to shoot...tomorrow would be a good day since it is suppose to be so damn nice in PA! They shoot from 9am until 2pm and I think tomorrow is a league shoot day so I would get there and sign up around 9am. They will sign you up onto a squad with others....so no need to worry.

i wish i could find out when the league days are there ahead of time im not going to make it tomarrow either. and now that i know its a league day tomarrow that makes it even worse.... dont be intimidated by league shooters i got so much help from the 2 times i shot there with league shooters.. it will be packed there. if you go you probably should get there before 9 :-) the squads start every 10-15 min i think and on league days it is PACKEDi waited 1 1/2 hours for my squad to shoot when i showed up at 9:30 the 1 time, but it was 1 1/2 hours well spent talking to a couple experienced shooters.

on a side note: just got my card for starview friday and spent 2-3 hours there today........ what a great club i have a few questions to ask you then john since the person on the contact us section of their website hasnt responded....... PM you tomarrow probably