Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CZ-75B

(Lancaster County)

Default CZ-75B

I searched and found no discussion on this gun so I apologize if there is a thread about it already.

My first pistol is my screen name. I carried it for 8 months now.

What I have learned:
    1. For IWB carry I need more grip to grab when I draw.
    2. I would like DA/SA so I can carry cocked and locked.
    3. I would like a higher mag capacity. I.E. 9mm.
    4. I want the slightly higher weight of a steel gun so I can recover sight picture quicker.
    5. Due to me wearing contacts for nearsightedness I need a larger sight radius for rapid fire to recover sight picture faster.

Other than that I love my gun for carry. It is equiped with a rail so I will get a light for it and keep it as my nightstand gun.

I would like to discuss the CZ-75B. It has the profile I desire; nice and smooth, slim in comparison to S&W M&P, Sigs, Glocks, etc. It has the profile of a High Power which I love but can't afford, nor would I want to because I think the CZ looks better. I LOVE how it feels in my hand and a little bit of me died when I had to give it back to the lady behind the counter, lol (know that feeling?). I don't feel I can find a better value.

I seek your collective wisdom
    Last edited by S&W M&P40c; April 11th, 2010 at 06:59 AM.
    Read what I say as if I were speaking in a matter of fact, unassuming tone.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: CZ-75B

Quote Originally Posted by S&W M&P40c View Post
    2. I would like DA/SA so I can carry cocked and locked.
    The point of DA/SA is so that you don't carry C&L. DA/SA is so you can carry with the hammer down, safely.

4. I want the slightly higher weight of a steel gun to I can recover sight picture quicker.
    Gun weight is only one factor. Lighter, polymer guns recover sight picture pretty quickly too. IMO, low bore axis + grip ergonomics trump weight. CZ's grip ergo is unparalleled IME.

5. Due to me wearing contacts for nearsightedness I need a larger sight radius for rapid fire to recover sight picture faster.
    The difference in sight radius among service caliber guns is less than an inch, usually much less.

(Bucks County)

[QUOTE=S&W M&P40c;1140033]

I searched and found no discussion on this gun so I apologize if there is a thread about it already.

Hey S&W M&P40c, check out this thread. lots of good info on the CZ75B.

http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/93...me-choose.html

(Monroe County)

Great Guns, you cant go wrong, but bear in mind that they are much larger than your Mand P c .40,
    Here is mine in Stainless, which CZ do not make anymore,

http://img39.imageshack.us/i/cz75sta...ithhoguek.jpg/

(Delaware County)

http://search.pafoa.org/?q=cz+75+pis...%3Avrvbtifxywe

here's my CZ 85B..which is an ambi version of the CZ 75B
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    The point of DA/SA is so that you don't carry C&L. DA/SA is so you can carry with the hammer down, safely.
    where did you hear that? having the safety engaged will allow someone to carry cocked and locked safely. I think the decocker is used to drop the hammer without firing the gun, no?
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    where did you hear that? having the safety engaged will allow someone to carry cocked and locked safely. I think the decocker is used to drop the hammer without firing the gun, no?
    Right, so the sentence "I would like DA/SA so I can carry cocked and locked" is seen as kind of misdirected, yes? Most DA/SA guns don't have a safety. The DA/SA feature is unrelated to having a safety.

If you want to carry C&L, you get a SA gun.

If you want to carry with the hammer down, you get a DA/SA gun.

The CZ75 is neither fish nor fowl. It's mostly a SA, but you can (rather unsafely) drop the hammer and carry DA/SA. IMO, wrt CZs, if you really want to carry DA/SA, get a CZ75BD (I CCWed one for years -- a great choice). And again purely my opinion, but if you really want to carry C&L, get a CZ75SA, with its nicer SA-only trigger and more ergonomic 1911-like safety.
    Last edited by dgg9; March 15th, 2010 at 08:37 PM.

Yeah I think the OP is a little confused about DA/SA guns as most of them have no safety, just the long initial trigger pull.

I keep reading about them and now I'm really hankering to shoot a CZ pistol.

(Perry County)

You have picked a great favorite of mine. I got mine to shoot IDPA with, wanted one pistol for both Stock Service Auto and Enhanced Service Auto and the 75B fits the bill. So far I have been using it as a SSA, hammer down and double action first shot. The only problem I have with it is that one must drop the hammer manually on a live round. So far so good, but there is a slight pucker factor.

Other than that the gun is very good. Accurate and heavy enough to recover quickly shot to shot. I did not like the factory plastic grips so bought some teak grips from Thailand, they are very nice and let my hands get a better grip.

I highly recommend the CZ 75B.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LowCapacity View Post
    Yeah I think the OP is a little confused about DA/SA guns as most of them have no safety, just the long initial trigger pull.

I keep reading about them and now I'm really hankering to shoot a CZ pistol.
    The good thing about the CZ is that the DA isn't the full, mile-long trigger pull on most traditional DA/SA guns. It drops into a half-cock position which is not hard to deal with at all, esp with the gun's uber-grip-ergonomics.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast