Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Umm, This cop needs checked!

If it's legal, it's legal...we do not harrass folks for doing legal things..
    Disagree,

The response would be like this.

Call: Subject walking down the street with a firearm.

Response: Units arive, subject taken at gunpoint and handcuffed for questioning. Sorry, I don't know if your a nutcase out for harming others or a normal citizen legally excercising his rights. As an Officer, I'm not going to give anyone the upperhand because I don't know what the situation is. Therfore you will be taken into custody at gunpoint. Now just because your handcuffed and questioned doesn't mean you will be charged with any crime. But if you think it is worth the hassel then go for it.
    The best thing you can do though is meet the requirements and get your concealed carry permit. It saves everyone the trouble and problems. I know this doesn't seem right, but unfortunately as an officer I have to play it the safe way to go home at night.

http://www.realpolice.net/forums/ask...pen-carry.html

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Umm, This cop needs checked!

Quote Originally Posted by Swankster988 View Post
    If it's legal, it's legal...we do not harrass folks for doing legal things..
    Disagree,

The response would be like this.

Call: Subject driving down the street in a van.

Response: Units arive, subject stopped and taken out of van at gunpoint and handcuffed for questioning. Sorry, I don't know if your a child molester or human trafficker out to abduct children, or a normal citizen legally driving down the street. As an Officer, I'm not going to give anyone the upperhand because I don't know what the situation is. Therfore you will be taken into custody at gunpoint. Now just because I'm blatantly violating your 4th amendment rights, doesn't mean you will be charged with any crime. But if you think it is worth the hassel to drive down the street in a van, then go for it.
    The best thing you can do though is get a normal car. It saves everyone the trouble and problems. I know this doesn't seem right, but unfortunately as an officer I have to play it the safe way to go home at night.

http://www.realpolice.net/forums/ask...pen-carry.html
    Edited for fun and humor.
    Almost a LIB .... ertarian

(Lehigh County)

I know this doesn't seem right, but unfortunately as an officer I have to play it the safe way to go home at night.
    I don't really feel like registering at the other forum, so I'll say this here, to any LEO's who feel the most important thing in their line of work is "to go home at night."

1. Further consideration of another endeavor might be in order... if your own safety is more important to you than a) actually enforcing the law and/or b) upholding the RIGHTS of citizens you've sworn to protect.

2. The safest firearm is the one that isn't touched. (DUH!) So, to maximize the safety factor for all parties, don't go confronting anyone without RAS... and don't go disarming anyone without due cause.

/this is not rocket science
    Last edited by Robert Kayland; March 15th, 2010 at 03:31 PM.

(Berks County)

That was an interesting thread. What I found most interesting was the obvious bias, those who worked primarily in cities were 95% anti-oc, those that worked in rural areas were about 97% yeah well. There were several I think I'd like to have a beer with and 1 or 2 I wouldn't want to admit I even knew based on their posts.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

After retireing from the Police Department with 25 years in I moved from New Jersey the you ain't allowed to do anything with a firearm state to the state of Virgina. The state of Virginia is a open carry state and it still get's me looking hard in a place like Wall Mart when I see a person with a Hog Leg on their hip or stuck in their pant's. The worst one is going to the bank and standing in line behind some guy that look's like a turd and he has a .357 Magnum on his hip.
    Bill
    This guy is intersting. Funny how he left his shit state to poison the local VA air.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Philadelphia County)

The worst one is going to the bank and standing in line behind some guy that look's like a turd and he has a .357 Magnum on his hip.

Are turds not supposed to carry on their hip?
    On the bright side, if that's "the worst thing" in his world he's got a pretty fucking good life.

(Montgomery County)

I like the last quote there "I'd rather be wrong and alive than dead right." That's fantastic. I'm sure the MWAG would rather make $ off of your stupidity for a minor inconvenience than be left alone? I must admit that alot of the cops on here hit it right on "If it's legal, leave them alone.". Only a few were like "I'd take them down".

Quote Originally Posted by Swankster988 View Post
    I know this doesn't seem right, but unfortunately as an officer I have to play it the safe way to go home at night.
    Count on going home with less money in your bank account and maybe a lien on your house.
    Last edited by Deanimator; March 15th, 2010 at 05:39 PM.
    Je suis Charles Martel.

(Delaware County)

Oh my god. That has got to be one of the stupidest things I have seen in a while.

(Lackawanna County)

it won't let me post a response, even though i registered. i only know of two cases of someone OCing who were disarmed by criminals, in over a year of research, as opposed to 100's of LEO being shot and/or killed. someone needs to tell those jackasses that the uniform makes them a target, not the gun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast