Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Umm, This cop needs checked!

Quote Originally Posted by Swankster988 View Post
    If it's legal, it's legal...we do not harrass folks for doing legal things..
    Disagree,

The response would be like this.

Call: Subject walking down the street with a firearm.

Response: Units arive, subject taken at gunpoint and handcuffed for questioning. Sorry, I don't know if your a nutcase out for harming others or a normal citizen legally excercising his rights. As an Officer, I'm not going to give anyone the upperhand because I don't know what the situation is. Therfore you will be taken into custody at gunpoint. Now just because your handcuffed and questioned doesn't mean you will be charged with any crime. But if you think it is worth the hassel then go for it.
    The best thing you can do though is meet the requirements and get your concealed carry permit. It saves everyone the trouble and problems. I know this doesn't seem right, but unfortunately as an officer I have to play it the safe way to go home at night.

http://www.realpolice.net/forums/ask...pen-carry.html
    That LEO is a moron. What, so becuase someone has a permit....it sudden;y makes them not dangerous?? You know for a fact he would do the same thing to someone carrying concealed.

(Clinton County)

Talking Re: Umm, This cop needs checked!

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Haha. I didn't even know turds had hips. Exactly where is the turd hip located?
    Yes we turds have hips. They are located were everyone elses are. But by law we have to carry in the 5 o'clock position.

(Centre County)

This quote caught my eye:

Most of the nutcases won't have the firearm holstered. If they do it won't be visible. A person's demeanor, dress, and activities should all be taken into account before you go drawing down on a guy who has a holstered firearm with his kids at the park.

How many criminals have you seen use a holster? I have never seen one. Every person I have found a firearm on that had a holster was carrying it legally. The thugs don't carry a holster because the holster is a signal to LE that a gun was ditched somewhere prior to the contact.

I wonder how many criminal suspects actually OC in a holster? I can only think of one case where the suspect did OC with a pistol, and that was the bank robbers in L.A. that had the AK-47's and the armor. I think one of them had a thigh holster.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kayland View Post
    I don't really feel like registering at the other forum, so I'll say this here, to any LEO's who feel the most important thing in their line of work is "to go home at night."

1. Further consideration of another endeavor might be in order... if your own safety is more important to you than a) actually enforcing the law and/or b) upholding the RIGHTS of citizens you've sworn to protect.

2. The safest firearm is the one that isn't touched. (DUH!) So, to maximize the safety factor for all parties, don't go confronting anyone without RAS... and don't go disarming anyone without due cause.

/this is not rocket science
    Not to go off on a tangent, but anyone in any branch of emergency services, be it LEO, EMS, FD are taught that your #1 job is to keep yourself safe and go home at night. Dead cops, Medics, Fire Fighters don't serve the public any good. I also dont agree with trouncing on anyones civil rights, so a happy median needs to be worked. Just my input.
    Glock 30.....When you absolutely have to reach out and touch someone.

(Bucks County)

A nice fat lawsuit will clarify things for confused police officers who can't be bothered to understand the law as it relates to open carry. That's not to say that one should open carry to instigate a confrontation of course, but I'm sure that someone either already has or ultimately will win a significant judgement for being tackled, tasered and/or beaten down for open carrying. It's inevitable sadly.
    S&W 686/FN PS90/HP JH45/KT P11/Ruger LCP

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by rnestved View Post
    Not to go off on a tangent, but anyone in any branch of emergency services, be it LEO, EMS, FD are taught that your #1 job is to keep yourself safe and go home at night. Dead cops, Medics, Fire Fighters don't serve the public any good. I also dont agree with trouncing on anyones civil rights, so a happy median needs to be worked. Just my input.
    You must have missed the point of his post. He is clearly stating that the "#1 job" of staying safe is implemented by avoiding stops without RAS.

There is no "happy median" needed, the cops either have RAS or they don't. If they don't everyone goes their merry way and everybody stays safe. If they do have RAS, well then they aren't exactly "trouncing on anyone's civil rights".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123