Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default eotech vs c more??

hey all,
    quick question:

Anyone have experience with either of these sights, I'm looking for something for my AR. Either the eotech 512 or the cmore atac. Thank you! Want something to pull double duty for hd and range at 100 yds or more.
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

(York County)

Default Re: eotech vs c more??

EOTechs are great for 100 yards or less, my personal preference, actually. I've shot to 200 yards accurately with them as well, but I prefer them (with the 65 moa ring) for something a little closer. You can easily hit a man sized target at 300 yards, but if you are trying for anything remotely resembling precision past 100 yards, you're probably better off with some magnification.

(Cumberland County)

+1 on Eotech.
    Last year I bought the 516 from this site for 359.99
    weaponparts.com

Prices now are not quite as good.
    The 516 takes up less rail space.
    Buttons on the side.

(Philadelphia County)

Just buy an Aimpoint H-1
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(Centre County)

I tried to pick between EOtech and AimPoint back and force, and finaly decided to go with AimPoint Comp M2.

I love the ratical of EOTech. But like andew said, its great up to 100yds.
    I wanted something that could do longer distance, as well as QCB.

And militaly tested durability(much more with AimPoint. However, I imagin EOTech being very populer among LE community, durability would be just as good).

I'd pick AimPoint, but I guess get what you want.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Lawrence County)

I've shot them both.

The C more isn't as sturdy as the Eotech, but I like the single dot retical better than the Eotech....and the ability to change the dot size easily with a module. I also find the C More less visually distracting than the Eotech in regards to a sight picture (I like to see as much area as I can around the lens).

There really isn't a perfect single optic from 7 yards to 100+. Red dots rule from contact distances to almost 100 yards. After that, a magnified optics (in particular, variable scopes) tend to mop the floor pretty quickly in terms of fast shots on target. As long as the dot is small, however, you certainly can shoot a dot well at distances (easily to 300 yards)...you just won't be quite as fast or precise.

As it is, if it pulls any HD duty, the red dot is the way to go and there aren't many downsides to your choices (or the Aimpoint).

Lycangoodluckthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Armstrong County)

Well, i just ordered a C-more Railway for my M11/9. I think the Eotech are too blocky and bulky in their looks. Even on an AR.

I run a cheap Bushnell red/green dot on my AR and i shoot it out to 150 yards sometimes. Not nearly as accurate as a varible power optic, but it works for what im doing.
    Like said above, red dots are at home from 100 yard and closer.

(Allegheny County)

if the gun is to be used for HD, i would do some research into the durability/reliability of c-mores and how well the hold zero.

i don't have any experience with them, but they are not one of the sights (like aimpoint, eotech, etc.) that you hear routinely touted by the training industry, by military/swat/etc. guys, or by competitive shooters.

that would make me a bit leery of them. on the other hand, if lycan says they are good-to-go, that would ease much of my doubt.

i do have experience with eotechs and aimpoints and can say that, in my experience, they are rock solid reliable, hold zero, etc.

(btw, the eotech does have a 1 MOA dot inside of the 65 MOA ring. so you can use it for precision shooting just as well as any other red dot--by ignoring the ring and just using the dot. however, as lycan mentioned the ring does clutter up the sight pic a bit. personally, i do not mind that and find that the ring helps to guide my eye to find the dot quicker. but, some people don't like the ring.)
    F*S=k

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    if the gun is to be used for HD, i would do some research into the durability/reliability of c-mores and how well the hold zero.

i don't have any experience with them, but they are not one of the sights (like aimpoint, eotech, etc.) that you hear routinely touted by the training industry, by military/swat/etc. guys, or by competitive shooters.

The C More is THE sight most often found on a compensated Open gun chambered in .38 Super or .38 TJ in USPSA....etc. In essence, they are found on the fastest pistols in the world....with the nastiest comps....often requiring a blast shield.

Now...pistol recoil is a lot more violent that .223 recoil......but I cannot comment outside of 100 yards since USPSA doesn't shoot beyond 50 yards a whole lot.....

But....the fact that the C More runs a lot more than the Eotech under 50 yards on harder recoiling guns does say something......I'm just not sure what......

If you are, however, shooting your carbine at 50 yards or les for the majority of the time........and you are worried about making shots fast......then the C More DOES have a good pedigree.

Caveat: Little Red Toyota is one of the few people who I read twice because he actually processes and understands posts. My post is not a refute to him as much as it is an addition.

Lycanmuchrespectthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Allegheny County)

I was also of the impression C-more stuff was upper shelf if not touted in the same light as EOtech and Aimpoint.

Or more simply - GTG.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast