Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Armstrong County)

Default Re: eotech vs c more??

the reason i went with the C-more is becaus is see ALOT of guys running them on their sub-guns. And they shoot matches with them all the time with no ill effects.
    So if they can with-stand mag after mag of full auto 9mm or 45ACP on a MAC or Uzi type weapon, i'll give it a try.

Now this thought is just for the durability on a sub-gun. It has no bearing on accuracy or durability on an AR type weapon, esp one that sees battle field conditions. Matches may put them through a work out, but War is another thing all together.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Keep in mind that magpul magazines are polymer and have a moving part on top of them, and are better than aluminum USGi magazines.

polymer can be better. :P
    Ha! No doubt! But the C-more is a floating platform with a bend on one end... this is not typically the strong point of polymer.

Look at it.

My best guess is that formulation allows for it's vertical adjustment while maintaining sprung tension on the vertical pane of the sight. Good for maintaining zero? Makes you wonder why they built it like that.

(Philadelphia County)

What I don't recall having seen asked or mentioned in this thread is what is the intended use for this optic. I know what he's asking about for distance compatibility, but how is he going to be using it. If you're going to be competing in IDPA then the Cmore seems like the one to pick. If you're just gonna be plinking at the 1 way range then either the Cmore or EOtech should be GTG. However if you're going to be dropping your rifle on concrete, or diving into gravel or hardball or it's going to get run through 1 or 2 way shoot houses, while the EO does send out demo units with lenses they took a hammer to I'd still put my money on an Aimpoint. If you want more range from either of them just get a magnifier in a LaRue swing mount. However you sound like you're not going to use any of them to their full potential as they are designed to be used with both eyes open. With the different reticles I'd have to say to give each one a try and see how well you can run them as with that eye condition I really can't even begin to speculate how that would affect your ability use them.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123