Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Took the girls out to the range...

So I know this is a PA board, and I am a native Dillsburger, but I am stationed out in Kansas with the Army, so these pictures are from Kansas. For some reason out here it likes to whip wind around 30 mph and drop the wind chill about 15 degrees below air temp, so even though it was mid 40's, it felt like low 30's.

I took my girlfriend and her friend to the range and shot at 20 yard targets...

We took out my Glock 19 (9x19)
    Sig 522 (.22lr)
    and Stag AR Model 1 (.223)

While we were out I had a chance to shoot my friend's Garand, and another's MAC-11, but I didn't have pictures...maybe another day.

Shooting the Sig .22, it's a fun gun to shoot and is quite accurate. I'm waiting on a better scope for it, but the stand-in at the moment is el cheapo red dot. It definitely doesn't fair badly at the close ranges...

My girlfriend loads up a P-Mag for her turn with the AR

She finishes out with the AR, I wish I could have gotten an action-shot. She has some training with the AR (read: military training for the lowest common shooter) but still has that schoolhouse mindset that it's not so much fun to shoot. I'm trying to break her out of that.

My girlfriend's friend on the other hand, loved to shoot, and put around 75 rounds of 9mm downrange with gusto (and was a really good shot).
    p.s. The lady to our left (with the black shoes on) was out there with her husband/boyfriend and was doing her best to destroy the grass in front of us....I don't think she put a single shot closer than a foot in front of the target.

Anyway, I hope I didn't bore anyone. I love seeing range pics, so I thought I'd just put my little tidbit in....
    Last edited by Andrew17019; March 14th, 2010 at 11:14 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Took the girls out to the range...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew17019 View Post
    p.s. The lady to our left (with the black shoes on) was out there with her husband/boyfriend and was doing her best to destroy the grass in front of us....I don't think she put a single shot closer than a foot in front of the target.

Anyway, I hope I didn't bore anyone. I love seeing range pics, so I thought I'd just put my little tidbit in....
    glad you got to have fu ont on the range and nice toys but id give the lady with the black shpes some credit... atleast she is out there shooting and not on the radio bashing us "gun owners"...... there was a group of people at the range that i was going to.... they told a friend i was with who it was her first time shooting that the target is over there and shoud try hitting it... lets just say i was pissed at my fellow "gun owner".... either way again nice toys... id like to get my hands on that sig..

(Monroe County)

The lady with the black shoes was there with her husband and her boyfriend?
    Swingers?
    They both took turns letting her fire thier "guns"?
    Was she handling multiple guns simultaniously, in public?
    Vouyer swingin?
    Hmmph.
    What did the range officer have to say about all this?
    Don't take anything I say seriously, unless I say seriously. Seriously.

(York County)

Ok, ok, I hear ya. I have to admit that I've taken girls to the range and had some terrible shots, I just thought it was kind of ridiculous having clods of mud spray up on us every time she shot.

Range officer was too busy yelling at the guys who kept trying to go past the tables to shoot their handguns...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew17019 View Post
    I don't think she put a single shot closer than a foot in front of the target.
    My wife's the same, so far. From about 20-25 feet, she'll empty a 10-round magazine and only put one on paper. She shakes so bad and hits the ground so much you'd think someone was chasing her across a golf course.