Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Wouldn’t you feel safer with a gun?

The British are starting to get it with their crime rate skyrocketing.

Quote from the article:
    One can draw a map of the US, showing the inverse relationship of the strictness of its gun laws, and levels of violence: all the way down to Vermont, with no gun laws at all, and the lowest level of armed violence (one thirteenth that of Britain).

London Times

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Wouldn’t you feel safer with a gun?

This is good for all of us to understand. The dangers of the "Nanny State" as the UK has become is what the MSM has fed us for years and years. The Brits have had race relations problems just like us. They also face poorly educated children, medical fraud, poor medical care, immigration problems, assimilation problems with 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants.

The liberals and MSM have no solution just that we need to trust the government to do it all for us. That clearly does not work, look to the failed Soviet empire as a recent example.

Best regards,
    chalmitch
    "If you believe the term "militia" means the National Guard then you must believe that freedom of speech is reserved for the Government Printing Office." - Some guy, 2/2007

Poultney, VT(school) Norristown, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

I lovermont!

(Chester County)

It's an excellent article- finally somebody over there gets it. Unfortunately, if you read the comments below, there are a number of Brits and Scots that don't get it.

In the "don't get it" comments, it's amazing to me that nearly every single one of them is projecting- "if people were allowed to have guns, road rage would increase and turn into carnage." Yeah- that's it, no one should be allowed to carry a gun because you are afraid of what you would do if you had one.

Reminds me of the left in this country- only at national sickness level critical mass. God bless the USA, may we never follow suit.

Slim
    "How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an Anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."- Ronald Reagan

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"- Patrick Henry

(Allegheny County)

I just returned from a trip to London. I can honestly say that I "got on famously" there. I like the Brits a lot -- they are good salt-of-the-earth people. I really do think that these things will come to a head soon enough. I'll have to send a link to this article to a few of the folks I met there.

In the UK, for example, you can be put in jail for pummeling a home invader. Not a single person I met agrees with this, and yet it is somehow the law there. When I mention that you are far more likely to be assaulted in London than in New York City, noone denies it (although they tend to look away sheepishly). I believe that common sense will eventually win the day there, but it's not going to happen overnight.

On the lighter side, I was talking with a friend there about the stereotype of how everyone gets stabbed in the UK, and that I thought my trip wouldn't be complete if I didn't get stabbed as well. So she promised to stab me before I left, and she forgot!! So much for British hospitality.

*edit* By the way, Slim, I use that Reagan quote in my sig on another board. Great words from a great president, the like of which I doubt we'll see again any time soon.