Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Centre County)

Default Re: liberty sportsman association

The meetings are generally boring and worthless for shooting members. They are mostly for the campers. You who just joined will soon find that LTSC is comprised of two separate and not always agreeable groups, campers and shooters. The campers control the board and the money and hate the shooters. The shooters just want the range to be mowed and maybe a few $$$ from the Elliot Potter money to be used for range improvement, like it was supposed to be.

Gary Shuey is in charge of the shooting side fo the camp. He's a huge thorn in the side of the board members, because he's always fighting for the range. Gary's a great guy and does a lot for the range.

They don't ask for much, give a few mornings each year on workdays, and they'll think you're a god.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    The meetings are generally boring and worthless for shooting members. They are mostly for the campers. You who just joined will soon find that LTSC is comprised of two separate and not always agreeable groups, campers and shooters. The campers control the board and the money and hate the shooters. The shooters just want the range to be mowed and maybe a few $$$ from the Elliot Potter money to be used for range improvement, like it was supposed to be.

Gary Shuey is in charge of the shooting side fo the camp. He's a huge thorn in the side of the board members, because he's always fighting for the range. Gary's a great guy and does a lot for the range.

They don't ask for much, give a few mornings each year on workdays, and they'll think you're a god.
    How long are the meetings ? My wife and I want to go to the April meeting due to starting at 10:00 am. I usaully go to bed at 1pm due to working 11pm-7am

(Centre County)

The ones I went to were 1-1.5 hrs long. Not too bad. Most of the meetings, especially the early season ones, focus on campground related stuff with little to do with the range.

(Clinton County)

Don't think I'll dig the meeting with fake campers (real camping is done in a tent. Not setting around drinking beer by a big tin can) Do they post work days on the website. I want to shot at the range and help out with the work days at the range nothing more

(Centre County)

Saber, Love the signature line!

Yeah, the meetings are pretty lame. The campers are for the most part 65+ and and would turn the range into a swimming pool if they could. There are a lot of range members and we generate a lot of money for the club.

(Centre County)

Anyone know if they have a non NRA membership option? Appears from the membership agreement that one needs to join the NRA to belong to the association. Not happening for me...

(Centre County)

I thought that at first too but its not the case. That is just saying that you can join both or renew your NRA when you join but it is not mandatory. I signed up last week at Millers Gun Shop and they didnt even mention the NRA. Just paid my 16 bucks and was on my way.

(Clinton County)

They are a Friends of the NRA organization. Can get and renew membership for $22. My wife and I are going to renew through them. Will send Money we saved to NRA-ILA.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by aclaver View Post
    Anyone know if they have a non NRA membership option? Appears from the membership agreement that one needs to join the NRA to belong to the association. Not happening for me...
    you dont need to sign up as a nra member to be a part of the club.... 16 without membership sign up or renewal.... thats what i like about it... alot of places shove nra down your throats.... as stated in a previous post... gray is a great guy.... i talked to him for about an hour and he seems to be a great guy.... hopefully we get to hang out sometime in the future... if im open for the work and cleanup days im in!!

(Lehigh County)

for those of you that are interested im going to be out there next sunday the 25th from 12-4pm.... fiancee's wedding shower is going to be there so im taking the guns out... kill 2 birds.... anyone who wants to come out we will be under the pavillion with a grill goin....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12