Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Anyone ever arrested and cleared in PA for carrying NFA/AR pistol?

I feel better about carrying a Draco ak pistol when I go hiking after reading about the guy in another state that was arrested and then cleared for carring an ak pistol. I want to carry an SBR but was wondering if there is anyone who has been arrested and cleared for carrying this or an AK/AR pistol? I know the law states its legal but would feel better if I had history to back it. Does anyone else carry any of these with their LTCF?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Anyone ever arrested and cleared in PA for carrying NFA/AR pistol?

Why would u need so much firepower? A .50 DE would do it! It would make us( gun carriers ) look bad. Dont do it. U will be the one who will make the state take our rights away.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger1022 View Post
    Why would u need so much firepower? A .50 DE would do it! It would make us( gun carriers ) look bad. Dont do it. U will be the one who will make the state take our rights away.

@ruger1022: I, and I suspect many others, disagree fully and completely with everything you said.

You're statutory lack of knowledge, shown on many topics, is what will "will make the state take our rights away".
    F*S=k

(Lehigh County)

Why would u need so much firepower?
    Because a .22 SBR would just be inadequate?

A .50 DE would do it!

It would make us( gun carriers ) look bad.
    Oh the horror.

Dont do it.

U will be the one who will make the state take our rights away.
    Right

You're not related to RugerBaby are you?
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Lackawanna County)

i want the OP to do as many stupid things as possible, like wear a badge while OCing his SBR and hi capacity AK pistol wearing body armor, juggling geese. people like that provide hours of entertainment.

(Cumberland County)

I feel better about carrying a Draco ak pistol when I go hiking after reading about the guy in another state that was arrested and then cleared for carring an ak pistol.
    I would be careful here, because my own lack of understanding could be trouble for others too.

This is how I understand the PA Code:

State Game Lands are under the PA Game Commission and firearms possession and discharging is strictly prohibited (except at ranges and with proper hunting permits\equipment). So, on SGLs, carrying is illegal since 99% of pistols are not proper hunting equipment

BUT

State Parks and Forests are under DCNR and do allow carrying of firearms with an LTCF

Maybe someone more knowledgeable (lawyer) can chime in to help us?

carry on SGL bad, carry on state park or forest good?

(Northampton County)

A .50 DE is a bad choice do to the lack of capacity, controlability, wont penetrate barriers as well such as body armor, and wont stay on target. I need that much fire power for when I go hiking in the woods and might encounter a bear or an armed advesary who has a rifle. I would rather have and not need than need and not have. Remember a handgun is only for fighting your way to a rifle so if legal why not carry one?

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by NotThatOne View Post
    I would be careful here, because my own lack of understanding could be trouble for others too.

This is how I understand the PA Code:

State Game Lands are under the PA Game Commission and firearms possession and discharging is strictly prohibited (except at ranges and with proper hunting permits\equipment). So, on SGLs, carrying is illegal since 99% of pistols are not proper hunting equipment

BUT

State Parks and Forests are under DCNR and do allow carrying of firearms with an LTCF

Maybe someone more knowledgeable (lawyer) can chime in to help us?

carry on SGL bad, carry on state park or forest good?
    While carrying under the game laws is prima-facie evidence of hunting, court cases have required the actual act of hunting to have taken place. And, if you are licensed to carry you can carry on state game lands any "firearm" for defensive purposes.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaState View Post
    A .50 DE is a bad choice do to the lack of capacity, controlability, wont penetrate barriers as well such as body armor, and wont stay on target. ?
    why would you need to penetrate body armor?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast