Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Anyone use a 5.11 select carry sling pack? Patrol title?

I bought a 5.11 select carry pack. Might carry an AR/AK pistol or an sbr in it. I was throwing around the idea of putting a security title in the velcro spot. Am I allowed to use an agent or patrol title since I have an act 235? Figure its better than nothing. Might use it if I work private security again in a rural area. Is security the only think I can have on it? I dont want to get arrested for a dumb velcro tag so how can I keep it legal?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Anyone use a 5.11 select carry sling pack? Patrol title?

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaState View Post
    I bought a 5.11 select carry pack. Might carry an AR/AK pistol or an sbr in it. I was throwing around the idea of putting a security title in the velcro spot. Am I allowed to use an agent or patrol title since I have an act 235? Figure its better than nothing. Might use it if I work private security again in a rural area. Is security the only think I can have on it? I dont want to get arrested for a dumb velcro tag so how can I keep it legal?
    IANAL

If you are not stating you are a police officer/law enforcement officer, I doubt you would be arrested for a velcro tag. If you are Act 235 certified, I guess it would be permissible for you to put a "Security Officer" sticker or "Agent" if it pleases you. You are not specifying what kind of agent you are. Keep in mind, if stopped, my personal experience is a LEO will not look favorably and may earn you some extra scrutiny. (I was a douche bag at 18,)

The part you want to watch out for is you kind of seem like an idiot. I've spent the last half an hour reading your posts, and frankly, you are the guy I would call the cops on. Your posts have a running theme of wanting to convey authority and respect that you have not earned. You want to put an identifiable sticker/tag on your backpack, you want to wear a CCW badge, you want to wear tacticool gloves, you want to carry a lock pick set, carry an NFA/AR/AK pistol. Dude, you have a serious ache to be taken seriously. By itself, not a bad thing but after reading your posts, you need to take a step back. You are the guy the Brady Bunch portrays gun owners to be.

Your jones to be respected and taken seriously is going to drop you into a world of hurt when you try to exert authority you don't have; either by some jackass that takes exception to your interference, a LEO that doesn't have time to deal with a 'wanna-be', or a random citizen that is in no mood to put up with any shit.

You want to be a security guard/officer? Great, go be one. Be the best you can be. When it's time to go home, stop being a security guard, and just be a guy. Your posts are oozing with desire to "step into the thick" of it, and I get that. When I was younger, I wanted to be badass that kicked ass and didn't give a shit about names. Lead me into the Marines, where I promptly met men that stomped my ass and didn't bother to learn my name. Lovely time, really. If you are anywhere near the age of enlistment, and from your posts, I'd say you are just 3 years past, go enlist. Get some discipline, (self and otherwise) learn to respect yourself for who are and not the gear in your kit. All the tacticool gear in the world won't make people respect you, the same way there are men that could put the fear of God in me even if I walked up on them stark naked.

Seriously.

Peace is the the first choice of a wise man; superior firepower a close second. ~ Me

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrUgly View Post
    IANAL

If you are not stating you are a police officer/law enforcement officer, I doubt you would be arrested for a velcro tag. If you are Act 235 certified, I guess it would be permissible for you to put a "Security Officer" sticker or "Agent" if it pleases you. You are not specifying what kind of agent you are. Keep in mind, if stopped, my personal experience is a LEO will not look favorably and may earn you some extra scrutiny. (I was a douche bag at 18,)

The part you want to watch out for is you kind of seem like an idiot. I've spent the last half an hour reading your posts, and frankly, you are the guy I would call the cops on. Your posts have a running theme of wanting to convey authority and respect that you have not earned. You want to put an identifiable sticker/tag on your backpack, you want to wear a CCW badge, you want to wear tacticool gloves, you want to carry a lock pick set, carry an NFA/AR/AK pistol. Dude, you have a serious ache to be taken seriously. By itself, not a bad thing but after reading your posts, you need to take a step back. You are the guy the Brady Bunch portrays gun owners to be.

Your jones to be respected and taken seriously is going to drop you into a world of hurt when you try to exert authority you don't have; either by some jackass that takes exception to your interference, a LEO that doesn't have time to deal with a 'wanna-be', or a random citizen that is in no mood to put up with any shit.

You want to be a security guard/officer? Great, go be one. Be the best you can be. When it's time to go home, stop being a security guard, and just be a guy. Your posts are oozing with desire to "step into the thick" of it, and I get that. When I was younger, I wanted to be badass that kicked ass and didn't give a shit about names. Lead me into the Marines, where I promptly met men that stomped my ass and didn't bother to learn my name. Lovely time, really. If you are anywhere near the age of enlistment, and from your posts, I'd say you are just 3 years past, go enlist. Get some discipline, (self and otherwise) learn to respect yourself for who are and not the gear in your kit. All the tacticool gear in the world won't make people respect you, the same way there are men that could put the fear of God in me even if I walked up on them stark naked.

Seriously.
    It's not often that a single reply pretty much makes the need for further comment unnecessary. I think this is one of those rare occasions.
    Last edited by gnbrotz; March 17th, 2010 at 06:21 PM.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    It's not often that a single reply pretty much makes the need for further comment unnecessary. I think is one of those rare occasions.

Wow. His words were like poetry and dead on.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaState View Post
    I would think this post is done by a troll. . .

I may be wrong.

You want to carry an ak/ar pistol with you while working security, while you have an "Agent" patch. . .

I am sorry, but your trying to show off.

"Look at me, Look at me!!! Im the real deal and a bad ass mofo, now take me seriously" is what your post is dripping with. . .

Sorry to sound rude, but it's the truth.

(Lehigh County)

it's really just a transport bag, anyway. It's not a F.A.G. bag by the looks of it.

quite frankly, and based purely on the most legitimate take of your question I can manage, I would say just use no tag at all. It's not going to impress anyone, anyway.

there are better ways to transport and protect your firearm, and better ways to conceal or carry when in use.

I can't imagine what kind of "rural security" would require an SBR. When I drove armored car in Philly and King of Prussia, all we carried were pistols.
    Last edited by Ten*K; March 18th, 2010 at 02:13 AM.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrUgly View Post
    The part you want to watch out for is you kind of seem like an idiot.
    Holy shit, I'm glad I wasn't drinking when I read that!