Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Thumbs up The Ruger SR 22 " This ain't your Pappy's plinker "

I just put on a Leapers 4x30 mil dot scope , some after market AR/M16 weaver rails for the hand guard, a UTG tacticool fore grip, a 25 round after market magazine, a 250 round speed loader ( very sweet )and I also picked up an NcStar open red dot sight just for shits n giggles. I know alot of you might think " why spend the money on something with no power or a "toy" " but I think my wallet will thank me in the end. I just wanted something fun to plink with that wasn't going to jam or fall apart on me when I am cranking 10k rounds this summer. I have only fired it once over the winter and I was only able to put 300 rounds through it before I started going hypothermic lol . Solid groups at 100 yards using Federal bulk from Wally world

I did a good bit of research on the available " tacticool " 22 plinkers before i made my final decision. I have heard of many receiver problems with the Colt that is actually made by Walther and it felt light and flimsy. I checked out the Smith and Wesson and found it to have more heft and better construction with an AR type tear down. Both were in the $500 - $550 range at all the shops I checked and online. I also saw a Sig Sauer for around the same price and it looked solid as well . Then I saw a video on Ruger's website for the SR22 and found one at a shop called Layman's in Wrightsville for $418. I was very impressed with the construction compared to the other models, and for 100 bucks less too. Only drawback is there are no " stock " iron sights but no matter, I was planning on mounting optics . So anyways let me know what ya'll think and I will update on the reliability when i get through the first 1k rounds.

One thing to mention the field strip/ tear down is a little excessive. 3 different tools needed A 1/4 hex, T15 torx , and a flat head .
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Chester County)

Default Re: The Ruger SR 22 " This ain't your Pappy's plinker "

Quote Originally Posted by Armed_in_Lancity View Post
    a 250 round speed loader ( very sweet )
    Need moar details!

Is this a speed loader that will load 22 into AR-22 magazines?!?!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: The Ruger SR 22 " This ain't your Pappy's plinker "

yes it is the tray hold 250 rounds of 22 lr and will load into any aftermarket 10/22 magazine

Default The Ruger SR 22

What you think? it has a burris XTS 135 Xtreme tatical scope, Trimag, and rock mount Bipod

Josh's guns 2 007.jpg

Josh's guns 2 004.jpg

Default The Ruger SR 22

And to dissemble it you do not have to take out the 4 screws, you can just pull it right out. one problem, one of my receiver pins is stuck how would you go about getting it to come out?