Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default March Practical Rifle Match at LRGC

Our next monthly Practical Rifle Match is scheduled for Saturday, March 27th at Langhorne Rod and Gun Club 251 Stoneyford Road Holland PA. Please register here March Match at LRGC Registration Link

This month's match is designed by our very own Boomer Tim and promises to be very challenging! Please bring at least three magazines and 150 rounds of rifle ammo. There is no pistol or shotgun stage. Gates open at 8:00am and we ask that everyone be down at the long range by 8:30am. Our match starts promptly at 9:00am. This is an outdoor match so please dress for conditions. I would strongly recommend a decent set of boots as is most likely going to be wet down at the range.

Fee: LRGC Members $10.00
    Active and retired LEO/Military $ 15.00 (* ID required)
    General Public $20.00

Please email any questions to lastdefender@aol.com

Regards,
    Gary
    Chairman
    Practical Rifle Program

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: March Practical Rifle Match at LRGC

Still some spots left.... and no snow!

(Bucks County)

Just signed up!! Really excited about my first PR match! See you there!

The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living
    with power to endanger the public liberty. -John Adams

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lastdefender View Post
    Still some spots left.... and no snow!
    You never know!

I'll try to come over and watch, I still need to get my AR build tested, sighted, and get myself used to it.
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    I'll try to come over and watch, I still need to get my AR build tested, sighted, and get myself used to it.

You should just sign up and do it. You will have a great time. I did my firs PR last year and they where very accommodating to me as a beginner .

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cyclesteel View Post
    You should just sign up and do it. You will have a great time. I did my firs PR last year and they where very accommodating to me as a beginner .
    Yeah, it's a lot of fun, and Freddy, and Gary (as well as attendees) are very helpful to people who haven't done it before. I'm not going to be able to make it to this one, have to clear my calendar for next month.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by cyclesteel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post
    Yeah, it's a lot of fun, and Freddy, and Gary (as well as attendees) are very helpful to people who haven't done it before. I'm not going to be able to make it to this one, have to clear my calendar for next month.
    Thanks guys.

It is not so much that I'm afraid of looking like a totally inexperienced noob, -can't help that -, but I am experienced enough to demand that I at least function check (w/ live ammo), break in, and sight in before a class or competition. Not safe nor fair to anyone otherwise.

In the meantime, I've got a web of family commitments that are going to keep me very busy for the next several months, so this will be a squeeze-in thing.
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Montgomery County)

Thanks for the kind words guys. For any first timers or newer shooters we welcome you to attend one of our events. The competition to the extent there is any, is really with yourself and your score.

For new and first time shooters we assign one of our range staff to work with you so that you are confortable with both your firearm and the shooting evolution. Afterall, this is supposed to be fun right?

If you just want to stop down and check us out the first time that's great too. We commence our safety briefing and course of fire explanation promptly at 9:00am. You are welcome to watch and see if our style of shooting is for you. If you have any questions, please be sure to let me know. One safety note, you will need eye and ear protection to watch our event.

Take Care,
    Gary