Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Default Re: Littlestown family diner OC lunch 3/21@1:30

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I would call Dutterer's before we go to make sure they won't freak out about a bunch of guns in their establishment. Especially on Sunday, that seems to be their busiest day.
    That's the million dollar question I always ask myself. Do I ask the place ahead of time, or do I show up and assume they will be friendly? Maybe I should find out if we can reserve some seating as it appears we already have 6 people at least.

Any opinions anyone?
    Proud 3%er... We'll fight for your rights, even when you won't.

(York County)

I would call Dutterer's before we go to make sure they won't freak out about a bunch of guns in their establishment. Especially on Sunday, that seems to be their busiest day.

I'll probably be wearing hiking boots and jeans, rather than "church clothes", maybe I should call ahead and ask permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.FiredUp View Post
    That's the million dollar question I always ask myself. Do I ask the place ahead of time, or do I show up and assume they will be friendly? Maybe I should find out if we can reserve some seating as it appears we already have 6 people at least.

Any opinions anyone?

I wouldn't.

OC being legal, my default assumption is that it is every bit as OK as it is legal. I do not assume otherwise, and have yet to have any trouble with it. To ask permission is to take the position that "it is not already OK, but we would like to do it if you're OK with it". This raises their suspicions and leads to their saying NO just to be on the "safe side".

They are not real likely to toss out 6+ customers. So we stay, and demonstrate for them that they made the right decision.

Do not walk in topless
    Do not start a food fight
    Do not wave your firearm around

Do order a nice plate of food or otherwise support the establishment
    Do tip the staff

This could become a regular thing, thereby benefiting everyone.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Adams County)

Here's those pictures of my boys...

The first one is my youngest, Robert, doing what he does best... EAT! The second is my almost 3 year old (I assume a camo shirt and his mother's scarf seemed like it worked that day). The third is my 6 year old namesake making dear meatballs. The final picture is two kindergarten photos. The one on the left is my oldest son, the one on the right is me... kinda freaky huh?

Robert Messy.jpg

Evan Camo Shirt purple scarf.jpg

CJ Making Deer Meatballs.jpg

meandcjkpic.jpg

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    I'll probably be wearing hiking boots and jeans, rather than "church clothes", maybe I should call ahead and ask permission.

I wouldn't.

OC being legal, my default assumption is that it is every bit as OK as it is legal. I do not assume otherwise, and have yet to have any trouble with it. To ask permission is to take the position that "it is not already OK, but we would like to do it if you're OK with it". This raises their suspicions and leads to their saying NO just to be on the "safe side".

They are not real likely to toss out 6+ customers. So we stay, and demonstrate for them that they made the right decision.

Do not walk in topless

Do tip the staff

I agree with that. That has been my normal way of handling it. I did walk in to the firehouse grill by myself OC before me and Evan had lunch to "test the waters" and check on their special for Friday.

I do, however, think I will call and ask if we can reserve a table if more than 8 commit to show up. Kinda give the servers a "heads up" that a larger group is coming.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

I wouldn't.

Do not walk in topless

Do tip the staff

I agree that this is how I want this to go, but living in this town, who knows. It's hit or miss here. Of course, if we show up and they don't want our patronage, we can go somewhere else. My concern is that the Sheeple will get upset and it might disturb our friendly gathering. I'll stop by tomarrow to see if they have a sign posted against our 2A rights. As always it is the choice of the proprietor, or the person who they gave charge of these choices. I'll see you guys there, and if need be, we can take our money elsewhere.
    Last edited by Evan; March 13th, 2010 at 08:09 PM.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

(York County)

Here's those pictures of my boys...
    Good looking boys!

The first one is my youngest, Robert, doing what he does best... EAT! The second is my almost 3 year old (I assume a camo shirt and his mother's scarf seemed like it worked that day). The third is my 6 year old namesake making dear meatballs. The final picture is two kindergarten photos. The one on the left is my oldest son, the one on the right is me... kinda freaky huh?

Robert Messy.jpg

Evan Camo Shirt purple scarf.jpg

CJ Making Deer Meatballs.jpg

meandcjkpic.jpg
    Freaky that he looks like you? Beats the alternative, doesn't it?

I agree that this is how I want this to go, but living in this town, who knows. It's hit or miss here. Of course, if we show up and they don't want our patronage, we can go somewhere else. My concern is that the Sheeple will get upset and it might disturb our friendly gathering. I'll stop by tomarrow to see if they have a sign posted against our 2A rights. As always it is the choice of the proprietor, or the person who they gave charge of these choices. I'll see you guys there, and if need be, we can take our money elsewhere.
    I really believe you are worrying too much over this. You do want to be prepared for the possibility, but try to accept that the possibility is remote. Something on the order of 5-10 people, some couples, are peacefully getting together at a local restaurant for an afternoon lunch, bothering no one. we are not there to demonstrate or cause issues, just have lunch.

We are not there for the purpose of OC. We are there to get together and have lunch, and we just so happen to be OC.

Like you said, worst case scenario is they ask us to leave. There is more than one place to eat in "Kleina Stedtle"
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Adams County)

Yeah, you're right. I think they would just ask us to leave if they have a problem. And, I don't think they will.

Mr.FiredUp, I feel for your boys, they look just like you.

Looking forward to seeing everyone next Sunday!

(Adams County)

@Curmudgeon... They are a real good time. VERY energetic boys but they are good kids. And yes, I'm sure I wouldn't have been extremely happy if they would have came out looking like the mail man;-).

@Evan... I know what you mean. I had to grow up with this face, now my poor kids have to deal with it. Especially my oldest (properly named Christopher Jr.). Although, if you had a problem with my looks, how come you want a second date?;-)

(Adams County)

LOL. My poor daughter looks just like her father, too. Except for the big nose. And the beard. This picture's over a year old.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Adams County)

Seeing as how I could probably walk to Dutterers, and thereby OC legally, I may have to attend. Put me down as a "maybe."

Don't forget your video camera's and such, just in case.

Curmudgeon, cute grandson! I'll have to get a picture of my nephew up here at some point.

ETA: Distance from Dutterers to Littlestown School complex? I know they're close together...
    Oath Keeper, MMIX - Ad Infinitum

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast