Alright, so in my rifle build thread, Tomcat mentioned that most tactical shooters choose an optic with a Mil/Mil reticle and turret. To be honest, I had no idea that such an optic even existed. Every other optic I've seen typically has Mil/MOA reticle and adjustment.

I've never really been able to grasp the concept of mil dots, and everything that goes along with them, because, well, I just have a hard time with math and numbers in general. Then I hear that you can get optics with a Mil turret along with a Mil reticle, and after trying to educate myself in the difference, I have a headache and my brain feels like it's about to explode.

Let's forget about using Mil's for range estimation for the time being, because that's a whole other matter that I'm not ready to tackle yet. I have a firm grasp on MOA and how that applies to making range adjustments. For instance, 1 MOA = 1" @ 100 yards, 2" @ 200 yards, etc. but when it comes to using a scope with Mil turrets for range adjustments, that's a whole new concept to me that I just simply don't understand, at all.

I basically just need someone to explain to me in English how to make range adjustments at any given yardage with a scope equipped with Mil turrets before I have a stroke, heh.