Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Default Re: Paletown Rod and Gun Club Members - 2010 Trap Shooting Schedule!

Bummer the shoot didn't happen, the weather today was terrible. I just got the message tonight as I was on my way back from my spring break in South Florida and Key West. 20 hours driving in the car was completely worth it.

I'm definitely interested for future trap shoots.

~ Derek
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9206&dateline=1225911  268

(Berks County)

Day 3 of the big Comcast outage. Cable and Internet has been down since Saturday. I'm switching to Verizon, Comcast can go to Hell.

So yeah, what Bangin said, I hurt my foot nicely on Saturday morning. I was sitting at my desk barefoot (no, not naked, BAREFOOT) and somehow, a glass shard was in the rug at my feet. Long story short, I turned my swivel chair to get up and swept my foot over the shard. From left to right, unzippped it nicely across the bottom, deep enough to bleed like a pig but not deep enough to need stitches. But my God does it burn in the shower and hurt to walk!

We'll see what this week's weather does. Hopefully next Saturday or Sunday we'll try again. Which day would you guys prefer?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    Day 3 of the big Comcast outage. Cable and Internet has been down since Saturday. I'm switching to Verizon, Comcast can go to Hell.

We'll see what this week's weather does. Hopefully next Saturday or Sunday we'll try again. Which day would you guys prefer?
    Switched to VZ FIOS last year and could not be happier.

Sundays are usually better for me.

(Bucks County)

Crap Chris, that sounds brutal with the foot, heal quickly. Im in the same position as Chip W but with no shotgun but will come over to watch so Im ready to go for the next Trap shoot.

(Berks County)

CP, someone will hand you one to use. Bring a few boxes of number 8 shot, they're cheap and available at Wal Mart.

(Bucks County)

Will do. See my PM.
    Thanks,
    Jim

(Montgomery County)

crl - sorry to hear about your foot. I can't get the quote exact - but name the movie:
    "No cartilage in my knees. You don't need cartilage to kill germans - you just need this" (he says as he is flexing his trigger finger)

Looks like the club is having an event on Sunday 21st?

28th might be good for me. Next two Saturdays I couldn't get up there until mid-afternoon.

I'm game for either day, Saturday works best for me though. I have to provide on call coverage for a guy at work over the weekend but the club would already be on my route there if I got called.
    I'll stay tuned.

03/19/2010 Edit:
    I won't be able to make the Sunday Club event and if anything is put together for tomorrow, I'll be tentative for that also. I'll stay tuned...
    Last edited by Chip W; March 19th, 2010 at 09:51 AM.

(Berks County)

God is against us. This Sunday is the club's shotgun shoot. Trapshooting (or any shooting) will not be happening while the club's shotgun match is happening.

Saturday afternoon? Or should we hold off until next weekend? Or even during the week after work sometime?

I'm planning on being on the range today around 5:00 for a few minutes with my new PTR-91, if anyone cares to join me.

See ya!

(Montgomery County)

God is against us. This Sunday is the club's shotgun shoot. Trapshooting (or any shooting) will not be happening while the club's shotgun match is happening.

Saturday afternoon? Or should we hold off until next weekend? Or even during the week after work sometime?

I'm planning on being on the range today around 5:00 for a few minutes with my new PTR-91, if anyone cares to join me.

See ya!
    Can't do Sat afternoon this week - AM yes, PM no. I'm maybe good for Monday next week and maybe Wed. after the Alderfer auction. Commitments Tue, Thur, Fri.

On another, related note:

Has anyone used the Independence brand target shells?

Ammoman (http://ammoman.com) is selling them in 7.5 or 8 for $59/250 Cash, Pickup. ($89/250 Shipped)

If they are good stuff, and that price is really good, I'll probably go down and pick up 4 cases for myself. I'd be happy to haul up a bunch more if you all are interested.
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast