Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Kaos' Kydex...crap.

Stuff looks pretty darn good to me.
    I always considered myself a traditional "leather" kinda guy (no, not chaps). I started to play around with kydex and find it very satisfying and even a little addictive. I find myself wanting to make kydex holders for everything. Not necessarily a bad thing but my wife isn't liking her kydex sandwich holder

I didn't order the fancy-schmancy foam from knifekits but instead have been using the blue foam sleeping pad from Wally World. I use multiple layers and vary it top and bottom to get more or less molding in the kydex. Sorry, no pics yet but these kydex threads have inspired me to take some.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    We should talk about AR pouches.........

Lycanhazideathrope
    Hit me up, I've got 2 sheets left (12x24) until I need to order more. One might get burned up on a machete sheath.

@Riverpirate www.knifekits.com is where I've got the stuff from.

Youll either need to use your oven or a toaster oven if the Mrs disapproves, a drill & bits, a rivet/eyelet setter, heatgun or hair dryer, rivets, chicago screws or some other form of belt loop with it's own mounting solution and your basic gamut of home tools.

Here's a pic of my kydex corner in my office @ home...this is temporary since we just bought a house and will be moving soon

If you're sanding kydex with a belt sander....wear some kind of facemask/respirator....trust me on this one.

Cheapass harbor freight tool vs andvil & rod method for rivets:

Anvil & rod on the left, freight tool plus one whack from hammer on right...just depends on the situation which one will work better until I get the CKK flaring tools.

On a small piece I made for a repurposed kitchen knife that I'll use this turkey season

Dress side:

Other side:

(Luzerne County)

This is a good Idea..
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Allegheny County)

Kaos we should meet and and discuss. I have a neat idea for a "drop in the back pocket" style dual mag holster I think you could whip up pretty simply.

Ok wait it's so simple I'm sure you can envision that from what I just said.

Wow... look at the gas savings! lol!

(Allegheny County)

I did something similar for a front pocket. This was for a friend's 1911 but I made one for my Kahr and use it all the time.

I'm not going to pollute his thread with the other stuff, but pocket pouches are easy, I'm sure he could whip you up what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    Kaos we should meet and and discuss. I have a neat idea for a "drop in the back pocket" style dual mag holster I think you could whip up pretty simply.

Ok wait it's so simple I'm sure you can envision that from what I just said.

Wow... look at the gas savings! lol!
    you basically want to have two glock mags side by side with some form of clip that would allow you to put it in your pocket but still be able to remove the mags without the whole thing coming out?

For all intents and purposes...it's the same thing as a belt pouch...just flipped around..right? I'll snap a pic of my smaller mag pouch reversed in my back pocket later.

I'm trying out a new forming method tonight for mags too.

(Lackawanna County)

I am interested in a few things, if you are taking "orders" let me know.
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Allegheny County)

Except it wouldn't be exactly like a belt clip one because it would be sunken completely into the rear pocket. I'm not looking for them to protrude or be visible. I just wanted a way to protect the top round from maybe getting moved around, and block lint / dirt etc from getting in the mags. Plus hold them vertical. If it stayed put that would be bonus. As it stands most of my casual jeans are about 3 mags wide and will hold a G17 magazine without showing what it is except for the outline. Which means there is a little material above the mag that still kinda conceals the baseplates so you can't tell what it is.

Honestly with enough kydex to span the width of the pocket and minimal retention on the magazines, you might just be able to put some stick on rubber pads or something on the carrier to keep it in the pocket? If the addition of a belt clip higher than the carrier was too difficult or annoying to do?

Best I could come up with in paint.

But it doesn't have to be like that. It could be anything that does the same thing.

I'm still in for the standard kind if you want to part with one or meet up at some point as well.
    Last edited by Asmodeus6; March 14th, 2010 at 12:00 AM.

(Monroe County)

you would be sitting on your mags? that wouldn't be overly comfy
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast