Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default Anybody familiar with Cleona?

I live in Cleona. I live about a mouse fart's scent away from the elementary school in the heart of suburbia. I have been at the baseball fields lately with my co-worker and his kid, and some other kids, helping them practice for the upcoming baseball season.

Tuesday we were on the West Field that runs a long center street, and Wednesday we were on the south fields behind the school, right along the Quitty. I, of course, was CC both times. I knew my shirt came up a few times, wasn't even thinking of being in any violation of having a gun in the school zone. I especially wasn't worried about making sure it was concealed, but it was concealed.

So, the more I think about my lack of knowledge for the school laws, the more I'm eager to make sure I'm doing it right.

My beliefs so far:

1. I can carry in a school zone since i have a LTCF

2. The baseball fields are Cleona Borough Property and not the Schools?

3. I am in no violation if I have my gun in the pavilion area of the park, or the baseball fields, or surrounding fields.

I guess my main concern is, are the fields and pavilion/park area "school property"? And are firearms allowed anywhere around a school with a LTCF just not inside them?

That whole park area is tricky, the school has it's own playground close to the building, so I would Imagine that everything south of it is the Borough Park. I guess I'm just not sure of the field to the West along Center Street.

Thank's a ton in advance to people with good insight.
    Some say that his discharge is luminous.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Anybody familiar with Cleona?

Ok, so I got the information about who owns what. The school doesn't own the park area, and the fields and all that. But the school does own the west side field. I was in the west field on Tuesday CC, so I'm still wondering if I was legal.

And to the mods, I made a woopsy, I wanted this to be in the OC/CC main forum. If you're watching can I get a hand?
    Some say that his discharge is luminous.