Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Question on being disarmed...

absolutely do *not* touch your gun when being detained (including traffic stops) by LEOs. that would be a good way to quite possibly acquire some extra holes in your body.

if the LEO does not give you instructions, ask him what he wants you to do.

i don't imagine too many LEOs are going to want you to handle the gun.
    F*S=k

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    absolutely do *not* touch your gun when being detained (including traffic stops) by LEOs. that would be a good way to quite possibly acquire some extra holes in your body.

if the LEO does not give you instructions, ask him what he wants you to do.

i don't imagine too many LEOs are going to want you to handle the gun.
    i'm a little scared of LEO handling my gun, frankly. i have a list of reasons why:

1. i've encountered LEO who couldn't figure out a SERPA, until i told them how.

2. i've seen LEO sweep people with a "secured" but loaded weapon during a contact.

3. i've yet to meet a LEO under 35 who knew how to safely operate and safely unload a 1911, or any other gun than a Glock.

4. i've read too many news articles of LEO accidently shooting themselves or others.

5. i've met LEO who weren't even sure of what brand their gun was, only the caliber.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    i'm a little scared of LEO handling my gun, frankly
    oh, trust me...so am i.

but i can't imagine you are likely to really get a choice. and handling it yourself without him having told you to first is quite possibly not going to end well.
    F*S=k

(Lehigh County)

I was stopped last week for OC'ing and when the time came for him to want it he simply said to me "Give me it" and made a hand motion. So as calmly and slowly as I can, I unholstered, dropped the mag, and racked the slide back to lock. then and ONLY then did I hand it to him and I kept my mags with me.... But honestly I was scared as fuck because thats all I thought of was another officer pulling up and seeing me unholster.....so on. But honestly nothing happened I think after speaking with the LEO for the 1st couple mintues I was able to set aside some of his fears of me, and he felt safe with ME unholstering MY sidearm. just my 2cents.

But future reference, No. From now on I plan on ASKING them what they want me to do if they really want it. because this was in broad daylight on a busy street, it could have gotten REALLY BAD...really quick.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by gumbys1up View Post
    I was stopped last week for OC'ing and when the time came for him to want it he simply said to me "Give me it" and made a hand motion. So as calmly and slowly as I can, I unholstered, dropped the mag, and racked the slide back to lock. then and ONLY then did I hand it to him and I kept my mags with me.... But honestly I was scared as fuck because thats all I thought of was another officer pulling up and seeing me unholster.....so on. But honestly nothing happened I think after speaking with the LEO for the 1st couple mintues I was able to set aside some of his fears of me, and he felt safe with ME unholstering MY sidearm. just my 2cents.

But future reference, No. From now on I plan on ASKING them what they want me to do if they really want it. because this was in broad daylight on a busy street, it could have gotten REALLY BAD...really quick.

Excuse me? Stopped for OCing??

When the time came? What time would that be? Have I missed something? Can you fill in the blanks that would justify his DEMAND for the seizure of your property?
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

When the time came? What time would that be? Have I missed something? Can you fill in the blanks that would justify his DEMAND for the seizure of your property?
    What he said!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    What he said!
    Let's have some answers here, Gumby.

Marry you, and ruin it all ? I say let's play in sin. ~Michele
    Do ya like warm oil massages ?~Me
    As long as it's gun oil.~Michele

(Lehigh County)

Ok I am going to say this agian so EVERYONE THAT READS THIS KNOWS. I dont feel that it is RESPONSIBLE to stand there and argue with LEO's over something that they are going to do ANYWAYS!!!! Even if it isn't within the boundaries of our laws. WITH THAT BEING SAID.

If you feel that it is more enjoyable, or whatever it is you people think, to stand there and make a scene and tell the cops "Well I don't consent"...WOW!!! WOOPIE DEE!! I don't care, waste your breathe ok? Because honestly they will disarm you if they really want to. So I ask. Why cause a hassle? Because its our rights? Well if that's so then everyone on here needs to stop bitching and typing anything, and go rally at the capitol because I've read about a MILLION stories where cops break, or just don't know, the law. They will continue to do so REGARDLESS of our actions. If you don't believe me? Just pick up a newspaper. So before everyone says "You don't have to give up your gun..or show your ID or whatever" but once agian I will ask...

!!??IF THEY CAN DISARM YOU REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU OR I SAY, OR DO. THEN WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF ARGUING OR SAYING "I don't consent" IN THE FIRST PLACE???!!

Like they give a shit about you "not consenting". They can disarm you anyways. So like what?? just make them think your an asshole already by saying no?? or like you enjoy making a scene in public and tempting the cops into arresting you?? I am sure thousands probably millions of people "Don't consent.." Why not go ask them how well that works for them. Maybe everyone on here has time to mess with cops or see what lawsuits they can drum up. I do not, nor do I possses the funds to even BEGIN to fight the goverment in court if need be. So I don't waste my time. I comply for the most part and try to not make them want to shoot me. I still have my gun and ammo and my life. so what's the problem? let me guess.. I surrendered my firearm? Well let me ask.. the next time a cops ask you to surrender it, just simply say the words "No" (nothing more, nothing less) then get back on here and tell me how well that worked for you after they DISARM you ANYWAYS and then arrest you for god knows what wacky reasons they come up with.

NOW.
    Do I think that it's right that this goes on?? ABSOLUTLY NOT!
    Do I think something should be done?? YES
    Will I waste my time fighting a corrupt system and argue with idiots?? I think not...

Good Day.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeyDad View Post
    Let's have some answers here, Gumby.
    Also sorry I wasn't stopped for OC'ing I should have said I was stopped because they had gotten a MWAG call. and I was walking down the street to the bus stop waiting for my old lady and they rolled up and I figured not to make a big scene. they really didn't give me any trouble or be dicks about it at all. they just wanted to make sure everything was legal and cool.

YES I KNOW I DON'T HAVE TO LET THEM DO THIS OR EVEN LET THEM KNOW MY NAME. I don't feel that I care that much and if it will make them STOP bothering me when they do see me then I say good because from now on when they roll by me they'll know "Hey that's Jonesy over there..he ain't doing nothing wrong, we know he OC's, he wasn't a dick about it like some so we'll leave him alone." And yes this has happened to me since i was stopped I had two seperate whitehall PD cars roll past me when I was ALONE in broad day light and they even waived. So ALTHOUGH THIS WORKS FOR ME. It may not for you.

(Lackawanna County)

Ok I am going to say this agian so EVERYONE THAT READS THIS KNOWS. I dont feel that it is RESPONSIBLE to stand there and argue with LEO's over something that they are going to do ANYWAYS!!!! Even if it isn't within the boundaries of our laws. WITH THAT BEING SAID.

If you feel that it is more enjoyable, or whatever it is you people think, to stand there and make a scene and tell the cops "Well I don't consent"...WOW!!! WOOPIE DEE!! I don't care, waste your breathe ok? Because honestly they will disarm you if they really want to. So I ask. Why cause a hassle? Because its our rights? Well if that's so then everyone on here needs to stop bitching and typing anything, and go rally at the capitol because I've read about a MILLION stories where cops break, or just don't know, the law. They will continue to do so REGARDLESS of our actions. If you don't believe me? Just pick up a newspaper. So before everyone says "You don't have to give up your gun..or show your ID or whatever" but once agian I will ask...

!!??IF THEY CAN DISARM YOU REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU OR I SAY, OR DO. THEN WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF ARGUING OR SAYING "I don't consent" IN THE FIRST PLACE???!!

Like they give a shit about you "not consenting". They can disarm you anyways. So like what?? just make them think your an asshole already by saying no?? or like you enjoy making a scene in public and tempting the cops into arresting you?? I am sure thousands probably millions of people "Don't consent.." Why not go ask them how well that works for them. Maybe everyone on here has time to mess with cops or see what lawsuits they can drum up. I do not, nor do I possses the funds to even BEGIN to fight the goverment in court if need be. So I don't waste my time. I comply for the most part and try to not make them want to shoot me. I still have my gun and ammo and my life. so what's the problem? let me guess.. I surrendered my firearm? Well let me ask.. the next time a cops ask you to surrender it, just simply say the words "No" (nothing more, nothing less) then get back on here and tell me how well that worked for you after they DISARM you ANYWAYS and then arrest you for god knows what wacky reasons they come up with.

NOW.
    Do I think that it's right that this goes on?? ABSOLUTLY NOT!
    Do I think something should be done?? YES
    Will I waste my time fighting a corrupt system and argue with idiots?? I think not...

Good Day.
    big muthafuckin FAIL.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast