Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Smile looking for some info

Hello friends looking for some info on pistol rules. i am a resident of new york and i have a sportsman's pistol permit fron ny. i have property in lake ariel, wayne county. does anyone know if i can bring my pistol to pa. and what are the restrictions? thanks

(Monroe County)

Default Re: looking for some info

It depends on wether or not you are a PA resident.
    Having owned property in pa you can claim residency as you are a property owner.

In Pa you do not need a Permit/license to keep a handgun on your property or to carry it aound on your property or to open carry in public except in a vehicle, you only need a license to carry a handgun concealed.

If you carry your pistol into pa make sure it is unloaded and in a seperate part of the vehicle from the ammo, when you get to your property you can always load up again .

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post

In Pa you do not need a Permit/license to ... open carry in public.. .
    Just to clarify the above...a PA license to carry firearms (LTCF) IS required to open carry in Philadelphia.

It is not needed to OC in any other part of the state where carrying is not prohibited.

(York County)

thanks to all of you for your replies. I'm really not interested in carrying my gun around. I just want to keep it at the house and transport it in my car to and from the range. Is the car considered OC or concealed??

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by albjorneby View Post
    thanks to all of you for your replies. I'm really not interested in carrying my gun around. I just want to keep it at the house and transport it in my car to and from the range. Is the car considered OC or concealed??

It depends on the manner you posses the gun, open carry means you can wear your gun openly and loaded, as mentioned above when you are in a motor vehicle you need a license to carry openly or concealed loaded.

you can posses a gun unloaded and separated from ammunition in a motor vehicle as long as it is legal to posses or carry at your destination .

Noble and regal, focused watchful Piercing eyes, he is my shepherd and my best friend.

(Wayne County)

Make sure you check with the sheriffs office on the laws and / or permission on transporting over state line between NY and PA, the could be a federal offense, with permit it should be ok with permission, however your permit is not as Strong as a concealed carry permit and you are limited on what you can legally do.