Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Gun related dreams?

Does anyone have gun or shooting related dreams?

Last night, I dreamed that at my work, we ordered a case of timers like Lycan was using in the house at the last shoot. Well, some one at work was messing with them and set one off so now it was beeping every 30 seconds! As I searched through the case of timers to shut it off and end that annoying beeping, I was awakened by my wife poking me in the ribs! She asked what the hell that beeping is!?! I was freaked because I thought she was sharing my dream or something, but then I heard it...Beep! I got up and went on a search. Here it was the smoke detector in the hallway by the kids rooms...the battery was low and it was signaling to replace the battery. A nice feature, but couldn't it wait until morning? I just thought it was funny how certain events can end up in your dreams in real time!

Anyone else have something weird to share? LOL

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Gun related dreams?

i have had this happen a few times. i really hate when it happens cause it puts me into a bad mood for the day. don't know why.

Mine usually are along these lines. I know this video has been out for ages, but it never gets old.
    Jules

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=6

(Berks County)

once i had a dream of defending my family against intruders and i shot them with 4 shots of 00buck from my 870, but they didnt die....center mass shots and slowed them down a little bit but thats it....and also when i pulled the trigger it took like 2 seconds for the gun to fire so i had to lead on the target after i pulled the trigger.......when i woke up i felt very let down that my shotgun cant take care of one person.......anyone know what this dream might meen??

(Montgomery County)

How about two hands on the gun with both index fingers on the trigger and not having the strength to pull the trigger. Squeeze with both hands and just not strong enough. And a big bad guy coming at me.

(Montgomery County)

I dreamed before that I was being shot in the back with a high powered rifle while I was running away, and it felt so real that when I woke up the spots where I got shot actually hurt. I found myself wanting to reach for my handgun after waking up, then I realized it was just a dream.

Proud member of:

Sounds like you guys aren't 100% comfortable with your skills/guns.

My only gun dream that I can remember (theres a lot), I have not a clue how I got kidnapped, but I did, and they went into my GFs house and left three in the car, nobody with me to make sure i stayed tied up. I got loose, grabbed one, shot one guy at the top of the stairs. Then the house blew up. It was my girls house...but it wasn't in the dream, just some random house. If that makes sense.

??? Never got that one. Thats why its stuck in my head. Man, I've had some strange ones...brain surgery with a drill and fork. Now ya got me thinkin!
    "See, this side is well roasted; turn me on the other and eat." St. Lawrence

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhra View Post
    How about two hands on the gun with both index fingers on the trigger and not having the strength to pull the trigger. Squeeze with both hands and just not strong enough. And a big bad guy coming at me.
    This seems to be a VERY common dream among shooters. A friend of mine has a similar dream, but in his the trigger just keeps pulling and pulling but never goes off. In mine the trigger pull is tremendously heavy but I am able to get a shot off eventually, although it's usually inaccurate due to the heavy pull. Billy's 870 dream is the same basic principle.

Probably has to do with subconscious fears about not being able to stop your attacker.

Vince
    www.bloomautomatic.com - Golf Ball Launchers for AR-15, SKS, FAL, and many others

www.bloomautomatic.com/lbsc - Long Branch Sportsman's Club, Long Branch, PA

(Berks County)

I had a dream that I was at Blackwater USA in North Carolina, and after finishing up with my 5 day training course they said to me, "I'm sorry Rand, but we can't let you leave just yet!" They told me that they were gonna fly me to Iraq on a mission.

Well I freaked out and ran for my life and hid somewhere in the bushes! They were hunting high and low for me but could not find me. I remember being really scared and couldn't believe my predicament. Well they never did discover where I was hiding and I also woke up and realized that it was all just a bad dream! Lol!

I have other gun related dreams of which I'll share with you later!

rand

P.S. FYI, I'm scheduled for a training course in mid November at Blackwater!

naaa. In my dreams, I usually just blurt out, "Can I have your pass word" my wife generally answers with her work extention

I actually did have a few dreams one that I can remember about defending my self with a fire arm. I was sleeping and heard a noise, then slipped to the floor just in time to hear the gun go off and hit the mattress... I peeked around and hit the BG right in the head with the shot from the pistol i had in the dream... I woke up after that clinging to the sheets on the floor, this was after a heavy nitro intoxication I had by emptying over 1k IN .357 rounds that got moist and not sleeping for about 3 days.
    The best one I had was back in 1976, I was in the Army and had a SMG (real life not part of the dream) and we where out on a weekend Reco. Anyways when every one started to get comfy at night and sleepy, I as designated to watch the camp.. Finger on the trigger, I let off about 20 rounds (blanks with a BFA) with the SMG!!! The Sgt was yelling at me about sleeping while on guard duty within seconds, I got to walk all night both that night and the night after during my turn of duty securing the camp, but the rest of the regiment got to run laps for either not waking to the sound or not getting up and finding the cause of the gun fire for a good part of the day.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast