Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default say it ain't so?!

Sorry, this isn't gun-related, per se, but it is concealed carry related ... in a way. I got to thinking the other day, with all these home invasions in my neighborhood recently, it wouldn't hurt to get my girlfriend some pepper spray/mace. She does not like guns, (although while once a flaming anti, she now actually has warmed up to me carrying. With the robberies lately, she finally said she's GLAD I carry, words I thought I'd never heard. I guess a little education goes a long way), so I figured I'd pick her up another defensive tool. I had my sights set on getting this for her, hopefully this weekend at the Valley Forge show.
    Anyway .... fast foward a day or so after I decided to pick her up spray, and I heard that carrying pepper spray/mace in New Jersey is illegal. Since the lady is from PRNJ, and she goes back to visit family often, I was left wondering ... if she has the pepper spray in her purse with her, since she would presumably leave it there at all times, and travels over the bridge, is she committing an illegal act? Please tell me the pepper spray thing is a cruel joke/rumor. If not, how is one supposed to defend oneself in that godawful state if on cannot even have freakin' pepper spray?! If this is all true, New Germany can officially go f%&k itself!!!!

(Monroe County)

Default Re: say it ain't so?!

I think it may actually be illegal to breathe in New Jersey without written police permission but I could be mistaken, but as far as any form of "weapon" goes...yeah, pretty much!

If she ever gets in trouble tell her she needs to flash her lights into the air and scream.."Oh help me super Gestapo!" because we all know that only the police can protect you in New Jersey.

(Northampton County)

heres the answer you looking for. Even though i agree with chemical About breathing in NJ might be illegal.

NEW JERSEY: Legal with restrictions. Any non-felon 18 or over may possess for your protection "one pocket-sized device which contains and releases not more than three-quarters of an ounce of chemical substance not capable of lethal use or of inflicting serious bodily injury, but rather is intended to produce temporary physical discomfort or disability through being vaporized or otherwise dispensed in the air".
    Mathews Z7

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Dreggie View Post
    NEW JERSEY: Legal with restrictions. Any non-felon 18 or over may possess for your protection "one pocket-sized device which contains and releases not more than three-quarters of an ounce of chemical substance not capable of lethal use or of inflicting serious bodily injury, but rather is intended to produce temporary physical discomfort or disability through being vaporized or otherwise dispensed in the air".
    Three-quarters of an ounce of pepper spray is just enough to season a burrito.

(Delaware County)

three-quarters of an ounce. Where the hell to do they come up with this shit? well, thanks for the info, folks. I guess I'll have to get my measuring cup out when I buy the lady pepper spray. Unbelievable. Simply unbelieveable.

(Adams County)

Actually, 3/4 of an once is a good bit. Not as good as a nice hollow point, though.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

(Lancaster County)

I would like to direct to your attention the interest of SAF (Second Amendment Foundation) to sue NJ and NY in the coming year to get rid of their anti gun policies by means of federal lawsuit. We need more people to sign up with SAF and get some funds raised to bring the efforts forth.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Allegheny County)

Check out Fox labs, one of the best!

http://www.foxlabs.com/

Toujours prêt

(Bucks County)

Mace, and self defense course... martial art, refuse to be a victim for when she is in the house.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Johncj5 View Post
    Three-quarters of an ounce of pepper spray is just enough to season a burrito.
    So don't use pepper spray. Use acid, problem solved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast