Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default My new CZ P07 Duty - with some comparisons to CW9 for size - 1st Range Trip Review

For a duty gun this thing really isn't all that big. Definitely concealable. The grip length is on par with my CW9! My pinkies end at the bottom of both grips.

How is this for an ejection port?

The bullet angle in relation to the chamber is practically flat. This thing should load empty cases.

Here are the comparison shots with the CW9. I was expecting this to be a bigger gun from a few of the people I saw saying they don't think they could conceal it. But it is a Compact size frame according to CZ - guess they know what they were talking about.

I immediately switched out the decocker lever for the safety. This way it can be carried cocked and locked or with the hammer down and in DA first pull safety off. I plan on Condition 1 - the main thing I wanted in my next gun.

Price....

$399 NIB

ETA: Forgot to mention - replaced the plastic recoil guide rod with one from Steve Bedair - had it before the gun even got in to the FFL.
    http://guiderod.com/

EETA: Damn those slide serrations are sharp.
    Last edited by falcn; March 11th, 2010 at 12:30 AM. Reason: title
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: My new CZ P07 Duty - with some comparisons to CW9 for size

Took the P-07 out to the range tonight.

Short version review: I LOVE IT!

This thing is the perfect size for my small hands. It is too big for my wife she thinks.

My support hand thumb falls naturally to the memory pad. I like that feature. It points naturally for me.

I fired 156 rounds through it tonight. I am very impressed with SA mode. It is accurate as hell and if I did my part (which I didn't always) it hit where I aimed.

Sights: I am not an uber fan of the channel/bar or whatever it is called, but they are better than my Kahr bar/dot. The tip of the front sight is white to the top and the contrast was a little hard to see a couples times with the lighter targets. i would very much love some three-dot night sights on this gun. Three-dots are my favorite thus far out of all the gun sights I have tried at the PAFOA group shoots at our club (www.pmsconline.com)

Trigger Double Action: smooth but very tough, felt like my friends Sigma ~12lb? - I did well on the 3 or so I sent down range in DA to test it out. It didn't pull to the side or dip, it was just a long hard pull. I will most likely not ever be using it in DA mode. If I have a light strike/FTF I will tap rack/bang routine it and not bother with second strike trigger pulls.

Trigger Single Action: some take up at the beginning of the stroke, then a short sweet trigger pull (to me). Reset feels a little longer than I expect from "muscle memory" of where I started the pull - but waaay shorter than my Kahr which is to be expected since it is DAO striker fired. Reset is very crisp - I can hear it and feel it snick. I want some of the other guys that are instructors to take it for a spin.

Recoil: What recoil? Feels very light for a gun this size - nice and smooth. recoils straight up - no twisting in my hands. I experienced no pain from shooting this gun. The stipling on the grips did not bother me in the least.

Magazine Loading: I have an Uplula magazine loader so I was able to get all 16 rounds into the magazines from the start. It was very tough the first couple times, but it is already improving.

Magazine release: Some p-07s experience mag drop problems. Mine seems to be better at dropping the mags now after an initial break-in. Seems like if I hold the release it too far it drags on the magazine. If I just quick tapped it, then they would drop most of the time.

Last Shot Slide Lock: The first 3 magazines I had failure to lock back. I am using Federal Blazer Brass 115gr. I may have been limp wristing or it was tight - stopped happening after first three magazines. I even tried a really light grip on one mag near the end and it worked. Seems to be a non-issue.

I never really did rapid doubles on the Kahr - I figured I would try them out. First shot take my time aiming, then on second just bring the sight down until I just see correct sight picture then press again. This thing makes me feel good!

I am really liking this gun. For me it is going to be a keeper!

All targets were at ~30 feet (10 yards)
    Second Mag Through - getting used to the sights

First Set of Rapid Pairs

2nd set of Rapid Pairs I put my fist up there for comparison for my non-shooting friends perspective.
    Last edited by falcn; March 11th, 2010 at 12:18 AM.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

Here are the exploded parts views of the guns - this is to illustrate the difference in the trigger groups between the CZ75B and the CZ P-07 Duty with the Omega trigger.

Here is the CZ P-07

Here is the CZ 75B Standard
    Last edited by falcn; March 12th, 2010 at 04:17 PM.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Blair County)

I am a fan even if it is plastic. CZ are awesome.
    And if you want to race, name the place and I'll show you where it's at mother f@#$&#!

(Dauphin County)

Thanks for posting this. Great pics of a really nice looking pistol. I've been considering a new pistol, and I want to carry condition 1, also, so these pics are helpful. The list of 9mm's for cond. 1 and DA is pretty short, and the P07 is near the top of the list for performance and value.

How does it shoot?
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Thanks for posting this. Great pics of a really nice looking pistol. I've been considering a new pistol, and I want to carry condition 1, also, so these pics are helpful. The list of 9mm's for cond. 1 and DA is pretty short, and the P07 is near the top of the list for performance and value.

How does it shoot?
    Oops - I was editing my 2nd post with my 1st range report - see above!
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: My new CZ P07 Duty - with some comparisons to CW9 for size - 1st Range Trip Revie

im a huge CZ fan my main carry is a 40-P you have a great gun and it will serve you well ... congrats !!!
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Delaware County)

Default Re: My new CZ P07 Duty - with some comparisons to CW9 for size - 1st Range Trip Revie

very nice.

I own a CZ 85B

I don't even see the pistol I was looking at by CZ as my first pistol anymore and I forget the model.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Love the size, love CZ's, looks like a hell of a nice carry gun. Very very nice.

(Allegheny County)

I updated my reserved post with the exploded parts views to illustrate the difference in the trigger groups of the CZ75B and the P-07 Omega trigger system.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast