Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: My new CZ P07 Duty - with some comparisons to CW9 for size - 1st Range Trip Revie

Moto, just shot mine yeasterday at the West Shore IDPA shoot. I did better yesterday than I eever have before with my S&W M&P9s.

From what I have seen on the CZ forums, the newer P07's have the mag drop issue fixed. They were designed for European users not action pistol shooters hence not free fall magazine initially.

The good- I've got between 12-1500 rounds through mine, it like Win White Box but I've shot a lot of other types: mine Runs!!!
    For me, the sight picture is very easy to acquire.

The bad- I've got the mag drop issue as mine was early production, however, it shoots so well I don't wan to mess with it at all!!! I just have to come up with a work around--- or get a second one maybe?? we can still do that in PA!

The Ugly- the red safety paint dot fell off and I had to super glue it back on, the sights are polymer and tend to take a beating- i.e. one of the rear sight edges has a small chip on it when it cuaght one something, taking off a little of the rear sight U.

I would highly recommend the P07 it is a impeccably functional, very accurate pistol.

MM57

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: My new CZ P07 Duty - with some comparisons to CW9 for size - 1st Range Trip Revie

Quote Originally Posted by Major_Mauser_57 View Post
    Moto, just shot mine yeasterday at the West Shore IDPA shoot. I did better yesterday than I eever have before with my S&W M&P9s.

From what I have seen on the CZ forums, the newer P07's have the mag drop issue fixed. They were designed for European users not action pistol shooters hence not free fall magazine initially.

The good- I've got between 12-1500 rounds through mine, it like Win White Box but I've shot a lot of other types: mine Runs!!!
    For me, the sight picture is very easy to acquire.

The bad- I've got the mag drop issue as mine was early production, however, it shoots so well I don't wan to mess with it at all!!! I just have to come up with a work around--- or get a second one maybe?? we can still do that in PA!

The Ugly- the red safety paint dot fell off and I had to super glue it back on, the sights are polymer and tend to take a beating- i.e. one of the rear sight edges has a small chip on it when it cuaght one something, taking off a little of the rear sight U.

I would highly recommend the P07 it is a impeccably functional, very accurate pistol.

MM57
    I held one at the Lebanon show Saturday and it felt good. I am a little worried about the mag drop and frame swelling I have read about. From what I hear the customer service has been good and people were actually getting new guns after sending them in. I currently shoot a P99 in 40and want a 9mm also. I am torn between getting a CZ or getting another
    P99. I just cant make up my mind.

(Allegheny County)

The SA trigger is in production and should reach us before the end of December.

Also - CZCustomShop has magazine extenders for the P-07 that allow 20 rounds in the mag and give a little more room for those with bigger hands.

For anyone wanting a Full Size - CZ is coming out with the P-08 soon.

Reported by Excheck after a visit to CZ UB: The P-08 is 20mm longer than 07, 19 rounds mags, three grip sizes.
    Last edited by falcn; October 30th, 2010 at 11:04 PM.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Delaware County)

mmm..the new P series pistols make me drool.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Allegheny County)

The P-07 now has a new competitor from CZ. The CZ 75 D P-072 (75 Compact). It is the CZ 75 metal frame with the Omega Trigger allowing for cocked and locked carry with the safety installed or the DA first shot version with the decocker installed. You get both decocker and safety in the box with the P-02.

See the CZ P-02 info here
    http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php?topic=30427.0
    or at CZ UB
    http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/79-pis...Z_75_P-02.aspx

I expect most of their line in the future will be migrating to the Omega system.

Also found that Front Line holsters is making kydex holsters including retention holsters up to level III for the Duty.

A member over on CZ forumsite posted about his new KNG HDL holster level II. I wrote to The Mako Group (US distributor) to see if they could get it (any of them really) in the US since it is not listed in their catalog.

http://www.czforumsite.info/index.ph...0944#msg200944
    Last edited by falcn; January 6th, 2011 at 08:50 AM.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    The SA trigger is in production and should reach us before the end of December.
    Damn still waiting on these...

there is a new version of the P-07 coming soon - supposedly with better trigger based on the advances made in the P-08.

I think adjustable backstrap is also coming...
    FNX-9 Two-tone

Wow great thread !!! Really enjoyed reading it and getting alot of feed back on the P07. I've looked at these but have never shot one. Maybe one day I'll run into you falco up at the club, would love to check out your P07 and talk CZ's.

I have recently become a CZ owner myself, twice now in just two months . I'm very much sold on the CZ line of firearms. I picked up a slightly used & modified CZ SP-01 Tactical and last week aquired a used CZ 40 P as well. Love the two I have so far and have thought of picking up a P series in the future.

Default SWEET!

Ive got one as well, bought it immediatly after trying every polymer 9mm under the sun, and i mean everything i could get my hands on
    Things i wanted

-DA/SA
    -polymer
    -15 or more capicity
    -rail
    -good trigger
    -reliable
    -cheap to shoot

This gun had all these options, not to mention its very comfortable in every possible manner. The gun had ate everything i can put into it, will even load empty casings.

10,000+ rounds fired, no FTF's or FTE's. Shoots lead too which is nice because my reloads only cost $4.30 right now.

Only thing that happens on the occasion is the slide will close itself when loading in a magazine. Can figure out why.

Great range gun, very accurate and fun to shoot. I keep it next to the bed with a stream light and 2 mag's ready to go at all times, i feel very confident in trusting my life to this gun. Its the first of many i can say that about

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345