Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: My new CZ P07 Duty - with some comparisons to CW9 for size - 1st Range Trip Revie

shot this gun today and got to handle it some.

my thoughts:

My typical complaint with CZ's (and Ive owned a few) thet the slide riding in the frame offers too small of a gripping surface for either HOT loading or malf clearance under stress.
    The trigger sucks. Lets be clear: Double action is a heavy beast that stages and gets hung up on the way back. This gun can be "cocked and locked" though and on SA the break is fairly crisp and at a decent weight, but the reset is terribly and unnessicarily long with a ton of play between the reset and engagement point.
    I would be interested to shoot this gun again once falcn gets the SAO parts installed, and heres why:

The good:
    the frame design is OUTSTANDING. Grip is slim, and stippled in all the right places at the right level to be sticky and firm but not sawblade rough. The controls are large, easy to reach, and designed to be easy to work with large ribbing. The beavertail is just right, and along with the previsously complained about slide allows for a very high grip with a lot of leverage on the frame. Grip feels thin for a doublestack gun.

Ive gone inside quite a few CZ's and worked and dicked around. Im not sure how different these are without really studdying the parts lists but I know I had great success installing a competition hammer and reducing the mainspring weight in my 40B and that other have had similar results (same insides) with the 75 series guns.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: My new CZ P07 Duty - with some comparisons to CW9 for size - 1st Range Trip Revie

oh, and I almost forgot the "lanyard loop". Cut that fuckin thing off ! It is in the way when loading a mag and tapping a mag as part of a tap-rack. I would probally stab myself through the palm with it if I ran that gun.

lanyard ? anyone here bungee their gun to themselves ? In flood prone areas or during hurricane season in FL I could see that being rationalish but otherwise its just a part thats supposed to be more .mil-esque and just gets in the way.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    oh, and I almost forgot the "lanyard loop". Cut that fuckin thing off ! It is in the way when loading a mag and tapping a mag as part of a tap-rack. I would probally stab myself through the palm with it if I ran that gun.

lanyard ? anyone here bungee their gun to themselves ? In flood prone areas or during hurricane season in FL I could see that being rationalish but otherwise its just a part thats supposed to be more .mil-esque and just gets in the way.
    Yeah they sent the new gun back with the lanyard installed - not something I asked for. I can just buy a flat plug and replace it.

One of the guys on the czforumsite is doing the SA update on his gun this week. I am waiting to hear about the reset being shorter or not, but I have a hunch it will not be shorter.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Beaver County)

Hello, I am new to this site and have been reading some post's by other shooters. I too am a new CZP-07 Duty owner and I must say that for the price of the gun you couldn't go wrong! It's as reliable as can be.I have had it now for about 3 months and have put over 1000 rounds of every kind of ammo thru it without one glitch.The precision is remarkable as well as the almost un-noticeable kick after each shot. I go to the range with the 9mm p-07 and my p-30 HK chambered in 40 sw.As of now I can shoot the CZ better and in tighter groups than the HK. I noticed that in your pictures,you replaced the Guide rod with a stainless steel one, good move.I did the exact same thing and noticed a change for the better in my accuracy.The next improvement will be the sights on the gun...Good luck and safe shooting.
    Joe Magarack

(Cumberland County)

I concur with Joe. Exceptional pistol. My primary.

Kilo errrrr.... Mauser

(Allegheny County)

I forgot to update this thread.

Installed a new fiber front site when the red one fell out (my fault, I chipped the FO rod when installing the site).
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

The SA kit was installed on the guys gun and it looks good!

Trigger pull is down to 1 lb. 6oz - which seem LIGHT to me. Might see if that can be increased.

He reported that trigger reset distance is 7mm on the SA trigger. I'm trying to figure out what it is on the Omega DA/SA trigger.

The hammer in the kit looks nice. I asked to see if I could post his pictures over here.

Also there is now available from CZ Custom Shop and grip extender for the P-07 that allows 20 rounds to be used with the 9mm magazines which is +4 over the standard 16 round mags. I am going to look into that one.

For comparison my stock gun:

CZForumSite member Excheck's P-07 with SA trigger kit

Last edited by falcn; September 10th, 2010 at 02:34 PM.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

1lb 6oz would be unbeliveably light.

really, as in, I dont belive it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    1lb 6oz would be unbeliveably light.

really, as in, I dont belive it.
    I'm following up with him to get the info from the kit manufacturer - I agree with you 1lb sounds unbelievable and really not too safe to me.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Lancaster County)

I am debating on this beeing my next addition. I read reviews of the mag drop problems and frame swelling are these still an issue with them? Are there earlier and later production models?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast