Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Re: My new CZ P07 Duty - with some comparisons to CW9 for size - 1st Range Trip Revie

The Omega trigger just has one transfer bar compared to the 75's double bar setup. I've heard some complaints (key word being some) about the Omega system, but I wouldn't worry. That gun looks like a keeper. I wish they'd smooth out some of the angles on the trigger guard/frame to prevent snagging. The 75's look to have smoother lines, but heavy for carry.

Overall I'm impressed. Nice!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: My new CZ P07 Duty - with some comparisons to CW9 for size - 1st Range Trip Revie

I went with the fiber optic front and rear sights from CZ Custom Shop
    http://czcustom.com/p07fiberopticsight.aspx

Installing this week - should get to shoot this weekend if not sooner.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

OK got the rear sight installed. This WILL require some filing of the SLIDE as there is a staking of the dovetail that holds the original rear plastic sight in place. If you look down upon the top of the rear sight, it appears like there is a little slotted screw - it is not. That is the dimple the factory put in the frame to stake your sight.

Put your slide in a vice - protecting it with brass or rubber jaws and some folded notebook paper. I took note of the position of the current sight edges and verified they were centered. Then I placed some masking tape on top of the slide and marked the edges and center in pen as a reference for myself when putting on the new sight.

Remove the set screw from the new sight and set it aside somewhere safe that you won't lose it!

Simply take your non-marring punch (I have a nylon one that I made - maybe delrin would be better?) and drive out the original. Test fit the new sight to see which side will fit easier. Mine went in easier from the left side (front of slide is barrel end in this reference). It fat all the way in to the stake divot by finger pressure.

I protected the slide the some electrical tape on the flat of the slide to prevent me from taking off any black coating from the flat. Then I got out my mini-triangle file and slowly worked the divot until the edge was even with the rest of the dovetail cut. This took about 20 minutes of filing and checking. When the sight would slip slightly past the divot mark (which was middle of the dovetail) I got out the nylon punch and put the sight in by lightly tap tap tapping until it was centered.

The sight did drag a little on the flat on the left side evidently as there is a little wear on the slide blacking. I am wondering what cold process I could use to protect it again - I will inquire with Angus.

After the sight is where you want it get out the thread locker and put some in the set screw hole and put in your set screw. Some people put dabs around the edges of the sights as well.

Shoot it and try it out. If you got it centered you are good to go!

I will update with picture later.

Oh and on the front sight, the new nylon punch I made was skinny enough to drive it all the way until the gap at the back of the sight was gone - the rounded part is now under the dovetail in the slide. The front is not even now, but that is ok with me.

Can't want to try it out!

FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

Had to call CZ-USA today to find out where my damn holster is! Turns out their system had my order sitting in Limbo.

They have it on the way now...
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

Unfortunately the mag drop problem got worse, not better - and slide lock cropped up again - not sure if it is the gun or the magazines. Speculation is that early guns had a problem with the polymer mix and dimensional tolerances on some guns were not correct. Not all 1st round P-07s have this issue. With Mag drop issue - pressing the mag release resulted in no movement of the magazine - not good. I had to pull them out.

When I took the magazine release out they would drop like rocks - leads me to believe the release was part of the problem. Also I noted that the inside of the mag well was really scratched on one side - too much interference with the top of the mag I guess.

I sent mine back last week for repair/replacement. The factory has been replacing them with new guns that have no issues. I am going to be waiting a bit since the next shipment of guns is not expected for 3 weeks

I really like shooting this gun, so I hope the replacement is trouble-free.
    Last edited by falcn; May 8th, 2010 at 12:05 PM.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Cambria County)

Those are very nice sights, I hope they make it right for you.
    These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Thomas Paine 1776

(Allegheny County)

Got the replacement gun today from CZ - magazines drop like an anvil. No issues. I think the magazine release is different. On my first P-07 I could feel that the mag release sticking out a little when I pressed it in...this one doesn't feel like that.

Also the mag well is very shiny and smooth - better quality molding process it seems.

I'm a happy camper!
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

Took the replacement P-07 out today to www.pmsconline.com to run it through the paces. I had a new shooter with me and started him on my Beretta NEOS 22LR pistol.

Once he got the hang of that I had him run 50 through the P-07. I ran another 50 through it. We each popped off a few at a zombie target as well.

Then he wanted to get serious and have a competition.

We through up a 12" 4 ring Shoot N'C target with 1" diamond bulls-eye. We counted the bull as 5, next ring around bull as 4, then 3, then outer large ring as one.

We each loaded up 5 in a mag at a time and shot another 50 through the gun. We shot at 30 feet (10 yards). I was kicking his butt of course, but he did well when he minded all the stuff about aiming and trigger finger control that I tried to impart. I nailed more than a couple bulls which had to be only 1" across.

* No issues with magazine drop all day.
    * No issues with locking back on empty all day even with a new shooter.
    * No issues with ejection or chambering all day.

I really do love this gun. It rocks my world.

We were also shooting my Birchwood Casey spinner and I could get it to spin around and then stop the spin by shooting the opposite circle while it was still moving. 3" and 6" circles I believe. We made that part of the competition too. We added the Neos to the competition and had to put 3 on the large and 2 on the small after shooting the 5 on the paper with the CZ.

I am very satisfied with the warranty handling by CZ. New pistol in only 3 weeks turn around. It would have been faster but they had to get a new batch from Czech. They have been repairing some of the guns now that have been sent in for magazine drop issues, and some they are replacing. I don't know the criteria for which gets what treatment.
    Last edited by falcn; May 22nd, 2010 at 06:41 PM.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Dauphin County)

Nice report.

I love CZ, and handled one of these at the store. Loved it. I have a 75B and the only thing that is keeping me from getting one of these(besides cash) is that the magazines are not interchangable.

(Allegheny County)

I think you can actually use 75B mags in the P-07 but not the other way around.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast