Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Still waiting for LCTF in Lehigh County

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Owner View Post
    I thought they went by business days? I applied for mine 8 business days ago and im going nuts haha. good luck

I dont believe they go by bussines days.. It says no more than 45 days on the app instructions. Does not mention anywhere bussiness days.Just another way they try to make you wait longer. Salisbury Twp huh. Yea you guys are split right in half. Call down to the Court house asap, and find out whats the hold up
    Mathews Z7

(Dauphin County)

What would lead anyone to believe that the word 'days' in the statute meant 'business days'?

18 Pa.C.S. 6109(g): "Grant or denial of license.--Upon the receipt of an application for a license to carry a firearm, the sheriff shall, within 45 days, issue or refuse to issue"

Looks like a duty is created there whether or not you applied in the right county.

If your wife hasn't been issued or refused a license (and you can tell what a refusal is because 6109(g) spells it out: "If the sheriff refuses to issue a license, the sheriff shall notify the applicant in writing of the refusal and the specific reasons. The notice shall be sent by certified mail to the applicant at the address set forth in the application.") by March 13-14 (depending on how you toll the days) then it would appear that the sheriff has refused or neglected a duty, which is quite possibly a criminal violation of the law (see http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/806...ml#post1000589 and perhaps the rest of the thread as worth reading; I realize the thread is about Philly but my research largely involved duties of a sheriff.)

If you find that the issuance or refusal took more than 45 days, perhaps you should file a private criminal complaint against the sheriff for violation of 16 P.S. 3411 or 16 P.S. 411 (essentially same crime but you need to find the class of your county to know which statute to apply):

If any county officer neglects or refuses to perform any duty imposed on him by the provisions of this act, or by the provisions of any other act of Assembly, or by any rule of court, or other provision of law, he shall, for each such neglect or refusal, be guilty of a misdemeanor, and, on conviction thereof, shall be sentenced to pay a fine not exceeding five hundred dollars ($500).

Hokkmike Guest

Call and ask if you made a mistake in filling out the app as you have not recieved the LTCF yet. In other wors, nag but be tactful.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by B2Luv2Hunt View Post
    Even if there is something in her past you Said you have been Married to this WONDERFUL WOMAN for 10 years. Let the past be the Past.
    Yes she is wonderful, but my concern would now be What could possibly be in her past that would negate her getting an LTCF & could that past catch up to me...kinda like in "So I Married an Axe Murderer"? (I certainly can't believe that could be the case). I dont believe she's had any previous hubbies that have mysteriously passed on.

I would guess you would have done something pretty bad not to be issued an LTCF...right?
    ---never mind...I found a copy of her app & the prohibited offenses section is on there.
    Last edited by HeXeD775; March 11th, 2010 at 08:17 AM. Reason: I had a brief moment of stupidity...& I can't spell.

Quote Originally Posted by HeXeD775 View Post
    Yes she is wonderful, but my concern would now be What could possibly be in her past that would negate her getting an LTCF & could that past catch up to me...kinda like in "So I Married an Axe Murderer"? (I certainly can't believe that could be the case). I dont believe she's had any previous hubbies that have mysteriously passed on.

I would guess you would have done something pretty bad not to be issued an LTCF...right?
    Do some searching, there's a list around here someplace, but has she had any drug convictions at all? This seems to be one that trips people up a lot.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Lehigh County)

Talking Re: Still waiting for LCTF in Lehigh County

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-X View Post
    OLO! .
    HAHA...I was hopin' some one would catch my drift...

Quote Originally Posted by zackattack784 View Post
    Do some searching, there's a list around here someplace, but has she had any drug convictions at all? This seems to be one that trips people up a lot.
    See page 2 of this LTCF application for prohibiting offenses

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    See page 2 of this LTCF application for prohibiting offenses
    Thanks Goon. Im an idiot...I just found a copy of her app. That was dumb of me.

(Lehigh County)

Default UPDATE:::Still waiting for LCTF in Lehigh County

I called today, she was approved yesterday & it was placed in mail today. As per the nice woman I s/w they are running up to the 40-45 day mark in Lehigh b/c there has been a big number of them coming in...so anyone out there that just applied it seems like you might be in for a wait. Thanks for all the replies.

So, no deep, dark secrets in the wife's past, eh? Cool

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast