Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default My 2nd range trip with my new Stoeger couger 8000

Had the 8000 at the range for the 2nd time today. Ran close to 200 rounds through it without as much as a hiccup. It just keeps getting smoother. The trigger is superb. It fits my hand like a glove. I just can't say enough good things about this weapon. It accepts whatever ammo I feed it. It's a lot more accurate than I am. I purchased 3 extra hi -cap factory mags from CDNN (19.99 each) & they all performed perfectly. I am having a hard time trying to find a 9MM that's as good a value as this one, in fact, I really believe that for $369 new this is the best value 9MM out there. Oh & the Stoeger has one other thing going for it, it's a FUN gun to shoot! It doesn't tire you out, it doesn't beat you up, it's extremely easy to maintain, performs flawlessly & it's fun. What could be bad! If your looking for a 9MM semi auto don't count out the Stoeger 8000. It's not hi tech, it doesn't have any bells & whistles but it does exactly what a 9MM semi auto handgun is supposed to do & does it extremely well. If your a novice like me that just enjoys shooting & could care less about having the the latest & greatest check it out, both you & your wallet will be pleasantly surprised. I may just have to pick up another one. (LOL)

Default Re: My 2nd range trip with my new Stoeger couger 8000

Congratulations on the purchase!

I have had a Stoeger Cougar for over a year, and I agree with you. IMHO, it is the best gun out there for the money. The quality is comparable to a gun that sells for twice the price. It is quality inside & out. I had a Sig P6, and sold it shortly after picking up the Cougar. It is a very smooth shooter, extremely accurate, and reliable. I have about 600 rounds through mine without a hiccup.

The only "complaint" that I have with it is that it is a little heavy for carry. I haven't looked at any "good" holsters for it yet, so I may be judging unfairly. I usually carry my LCP or LCR.

Hokkmike Guest

Good to hear. I have advised a friend looking for his first semi auto that this would be a good purchase.

(Montgomery County)

+1

I've had mine for approximately the same amount of time as you, and couldn't agree more.

The 3 times I've gone to the range so far with it, my girlfriend has always asked to come. She loves to shoot it. Well she's out of town on business next week and my first thought was 'finally! some alone time at the range with the Stoeger'.

(Berks County)

I also have a Stoeger Cougar and I love it. It eats everything i've fed it so far. Very smooth and low recoil. I bought mine about a year ago barely used it had about 30 rounds through it. I also replaced the spring guide rod with a metal one. http://www.olhasso.com./PS/cougar.htm they seem to be out of stock now though.

I do agree with 2dogs it's a little too heavy to carry, but that's why I have a LCP.

(Allegheny County)

You should try to put together a pictoral gun review. See the sticky in the Gun Pictures forum.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

I have to agree the Stoeger is a fine weapon.

Got to go to the range last weekend (60+ degrees) and had a good time target shooting from 30 ft. No problem with that gun at all and very accurate. Puts a smile on your face everytime.

Best of luck with yours.