Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default I need glasses, training, or a new hobby!

I went to the range tonight (French Creek Outfitters). I have been trying to get to the range lately in order to get used to my two guns (Glock 26 and Ruger P89).

I am fairly new to guns. I am finding that I either need glasses, training, or the sites on both guns need to be adjusted (actually one of the employees shot both guns and verified that the guns shot accurately, it's just me that sucks at shooting). I almost wish I could blame it on the guns!

I could find a new hobby, but this shooting stuff is just too much fun to give up (even if I suck).

I guess I'll have to break down and get some training before I embarrass myself anymore at the range...although, I guess it does take some skill to hit those little clips that hold the targets
    Μολών λαβέ

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: I need glasses, training, or a new hobby!

Somebody less lazy than me right now will dig up "THE" training target. It basically tells you what you are doing wrong depending on where your shots are falling when you aim to the center of it.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Montgomery County)

I usually hit lower left of bullseye when aiming for center (that is when I hit the paper). Although this is not consistent every time I shoot (due to experimenting with stances, hold, etc).
    Μολών λαβέ

(Delaware County)

keep your eye on the front sight sounds like you are dropping like i used to

(Lawrence County)

Shooting is akin to Golf. It takes a good grip and focus.

Coming to the group shoot? I can sort it out for you.

The diagnosis target is often wrong and too simplistic.

Lycanillhelpthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Philadelphia County)

I don't know what part of Montgomery County you are in, but I am in Philly and go to Horsham and Fort Washington alot for business. I will be glad to help you fix those problems. They sound like grip and trigger problems (you, not the gun). PM me if you would like to get together and shoot.

JUSTITIA ET VIRTUS

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    Somebody less lazy than me right now will dig up "THE" training target. It basically tells you what you are doing wrong depending on where your shots are falling when you aim to the center of it.
    Here ya go. But don't ever accuse me of not being lazy.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Glocker View Post
    I usually hit lower left of bullseye when aiming for center (that is when I hit the paper). Although this is not consistent every time I shoot (due to experimenting with stances, hold, etc).
    Low left for a right handed shooter usually indicates a jerked trigger. Rady8um has supplied you with the training target and you can also go over to www.bullseyepistol.com and search around for the USAMTU marksmanship manual, which will explain all of the basics you need to shoot well. Don't be concerned that the manual was written for the bullseye competitor, it's the basics you're after and basics apply to any shooting discipline. Or even undisciplined shooting if you intend to hit something.

(Montgomery County)

I appreciate all the help!!!! I will check out the training target and the site. I also signed up for a private lesson at French Creek Outfitters.

Thanks EXCOP for the offer of helping me, just may take you up on that down the road, that was real nice of you!!!

Great site, glad I joined!
    Μολών λαβέ

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Glocker View Post
    I went to the range tonight (French Creek Outfitters). I have been trying to get to the range lately in order to get used to my two guns (Glock 26 and Ruger P89).

I am fairly new to guns. I am finding that I either need glasses, training, or the sites on both guns need to be adjusted (actually one of the employees shot both guns and verified that the guns shot accurately, it's just me that sucks at shooting). I almost wish I could blame it on the guns!

I could find a new hobby, but this shooting stuff is just too much fun to give up (even if I suck).

I guess I'll have to break down and get some training before I embarrass myself anymore at the range...although, I guess it does take some skill to hit those little clips that hold the targets
    Don't give up just because you're not the greatest shooter in the world or even if you downright suck , If you are safe and having fun that's all that matters , read you're taking private classes , good luck and don't give it up! Takes time for us who have no natural talent and I am safe and have fun! If you're up to taking it to the next level shoot USPSA and have a blast! Who cares what others think of you , they probally aren't too much better then you and there is always someone better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast