Right after New Years of this year I was at Johnsons Gun Depot with a buddy of mine and found a "rough" Stevens 67. Someone spray painted the entire gun camo in a job that looked like they spent all of 10 minutes doing. Anyways, I remembered my Dad saying he had one in the past before his father passed away. The gun was sold sometime ago and he always says how he misses it. I plan on giving it to him for his 50th birthday in June.

Anyways, I picked up the gun with some of my paycheck from working over winter break. I then started to clean it up which was and still is a bigger task than i thought. Its funny how a gun for less than $100 can have such a story behind it. Its the first gun I bought myself, first gun my roommate ever shot (He is now hooked and even is close to buying an 870), and finally I will give it to my Dad on his 50th bday.

The bluing job I did didn't turn out great by any means but I will hot blue it before I give it to my Dad. I am now in the process of refinishing the stock and forearm. I don't have many pictures of the before, but heres where I am at now. I will be updating this thread with my progress. Any tips or constructive criticism will be appreciated!

Before:

(not playing around with it, camera on my computer was the only option at the time.)

Now: