Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default New mags came in - I'm now carrying 49+1

I just realized that's a whole box of ammo. Damn.

The two new mags I ordered (per recommendation of the fine folks here) just arrive fifteen minutes ago. They're by Meggar, extended 17 round capacity, and are made of nickel.

Obviously, for show, I left the inserted mag partially ejected for the purposes of this picture.

I find this to be full of awesome.
    Junior

(Northampton County)

Default Re: New mags came in - I'm now carrying 49+1

My XDM holds 19+1 standard. With a loaded mag in the gun, one in the chamber and two spare mags I'm loaded with 58 rounds of 9mm.

Now if I decided I needed more capacity, I could add the Arredondo mag extensions for a 22 round capacity on the spares making my total 64 rounds of 9mm.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Warpt762x39 View Post
    Now if I decided I needed more capacity, I could add the Arredondo mag extensions for a 22 round capacity on the spares making my total 64 rounds of 9mm.
    Which is the equivalent of 7 rounds of .45 ACP.

(Montgomery County)

The magazine maker is Mec-Gar and the magazines are nickel plated, not made of.

I can carry a backpack with ten boxes of .38 special and have on my person 500+ rounds of ammo!!! And that is just for my revolvers. I am sure I could fit about 10,000+ rounds of .38 and .223 in my Nissan...

Mec-Gar mags are top quality. They are the OEM manufacturer for Sig Sauer and others. It is always worth the money to buy quality magazines.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Can I ask a stupid question?

WHY?

Seriously, if you get into a 'firefight' that requires that many rounds you are freaking dead ... and actually you should have been running in the first place.

I've discussed this with some of the toughest bad asses I've ever met, and with cops and shooters that could take out a flies ass at 500 yards and they all say the same freaking thing. If you need more than 2 or 3 shots you're screwed.

This isn't the movies where you will have a 5 minute 'shoot out' ... this is real life and if 2 or 3 well placed rounds doesn't stop a bad guy chances are you are going to 'meet god' quite soon.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post

WHY?

Seriously, if you get into a 'firefight' that requires that many rounds you are freaking dead ... and actually you should have been running in the first place.

I've discussed this with some of the toughest bad asses I've ever met, and with cops and shooters that could take out a flies ass at 500 yards and they all say the same freaking thing. If you need more than 2 or 3 shots you're screwed.

This isn't the movies where you will have a 5 minute 'shoot out' ... this is real life and if 2 or 3 well placed rounds doesn't stop a bad guy chances are you are going to 'meet god' quite soon.
    Unless he is just planning on using them for target shooting...

But yea, hopefully you wouldn't need that many rounds in an attempt to neutralize a threat...
    III%

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post

WHY?

When has anyone ever regretted having too many rounds? I'm sure plenty of people have regretted not having enough.

My $0.02
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by zackattack784 View Post
    When has anyone ever regretted having too many rounds? I'm sure plenty of people have regretted not having enough.

My $0.02
    Ahem.

(can't agree enough)
    Junior

Given his other threads I think he would have been better off feeding the rounds one by one and putting the mag money toward some training.

(Bucks County)

I like having higher cap mags. I would work on being more precise than needing to put a bunch of rounds in the air. At the range I usually only fill my mags up half way to slow me down.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast