Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Re: New mags came in - I'm now carrying 49+1

i can carry 250+1.
    Last edited by brian; September 26th, 2012 at 05:24 PM.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Blair County)

I cant really say much because I bought a 60$ safariland 2 mag holder.....but that was three years ago and Ive never worn it It mainly keeps me from loosing my other two mags I carry 1 gun with 12 rounds in it, never took spare mags anywhere but the range...but if there were ever zombies...

Went to carrying more ammo as age made the escape time increase. 16 in the BHP and 15 in the spare mag. If I get any slower getting around will have to switch to something that is belt fed.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Can I ask a stupid question?

WHY?

Seriously, if you get into a 'firefight' that requires that many rounds you are freaking dead ... and actually you should have been running in the first place.

I've discussed this with some of the toughest bad asses I've ever met, and with cops and shooters that could take out a flies ass at 500 yards and they all say the same freaking thing. If you need more than 2 or 3 shots you're screwed.

This isn't the movies where you will have a 5 minute 'shoot out' ... this is real life and if 2 or 3 well placed rounds doesn't stop a bad guy chances are you are going to 'meet god' quite soon.
    It's better to have and not need than need and not have

(Lawrence County)

Nothing wrong with a lot of ammo...just depends on the situation. On my USPSA Limited rig I can carry 4 mags on the belt and one in the gun.....that's 101 rounds of .40. I usually just carry 61, though........

We do have several members who carry a backup gun......those add a lot of weight as well.

Lycanlazythrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Delaware County)

Yesterday I took a new picture of her with the blue painted grips on, which I prefer to the hunter green or the dark red.

I like it - you may too, or you may not. But you'll be able to recognize me at the meet-and-greets!

(Lawrence County)

I like it.

How about a thin layer of epoxy over those and then covered in a colored abrasive or sand? Very "grippy" and colorful.

I know some guys were doing that to the STI grips for a while......looked pretty cool.

Lycanlikesinnovationthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    Given his other threads I think he would have been better off feeding the rounds one by one and putting the mag money toward some training.
    Just got around to checking this thread.. I stopped reading at the above because it's right on the money.

OP, you're ambitious about carrying and that is good. But don't let your ambition get you in trouble. If you are ready to get *serious* about carrying, my advice, having read your posts in various threads (not just his one) is to forget the hardware and colored grips and spend some time and $ on training. You have a LOT to learn. The old saying "you don't know what you don't know". Don't be a liability by winging it and learning as you go. Slow down, think, ask/learn, take at the VERY MINIMUM a NRA basic pistol class.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Just got around to checking this thread.. I stopped reading at the above because it's right on the money.

OP, you're ambitious about carrying and that is good. But don't let your ambition get you in trouble. If you are ready to get *serious* about carrying, my advice, having read your posts in various threads (not just his one) is to forget the hardware and colored grips and spend some time and $ on training. You have a LOT to learn. The old saying "you don't know what you don't know". Don't be a liability by winging it and learning as you go. Slow down, think, ask/learn, take at the VERY MINIMUM a NRA basic pistol class.
    PA Patriot, thank you for your advice. However -

I just got out of brain surgery three weeks ago. I am missing two weeks of pay on account of said surgery, and I am not getting ANY income again until the beginning of next month. I sat at home for two weeks, doing pretty much nothing, and slowly succumbing to cabin fever in the process. I decided to spend a small amount of money on little projects to keep my time occupied while also trying to keep expenditures in check.

If you think for a moment that the first thing I plan to do once I have the time and money is not to take an NRA class or two, you are sorely mistaken. I am *very* serious about carrying, but certain things are just not possible without proper funding. You said it yourself - it takes time and money, neither of which I have much of since I am getting back to work (hence the lack of time) to make up for missing two weeks of it (hence the lack of money).

I know that I don't know much. Circumstances are simply preventing me from being as active about this as I would otherwise.

If you guys have any recommendations about your favorite instructors, though, please let me know, so that when I DO have the cash, I can go somewhere reliable.

Lycanthrope: that's actually an excellent idea...I will have to look into that one.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Warpt762x39 View Post
    My XDM holds 19+1 standard. With a loaded mag in the gun, one in the chamber and two spare mags I'm loaded with 58 rounds of 9mm.

Now if I decided I needed more capacity, I could add the Arredondo mag extensions for a 22 round capacity on the spares making my total 64 rounds of 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-X View Post
    Which is the equivalent of 7 rounds of .45 ACP.
    burn! ten characters

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast