Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: Gun Shop on PA-34/Spring Road in Carlisle

twency,,,if you were on our facebook page, you know there is nothing "false" about KGS, or the address. Yes its 1201 Fleetwood Drive.
    With our Facebook page you join by approval only, therefore you see everything because you were approved AFTER we checked out your profile. And for those who have not joined our Facebook site, you should. Not just for KGS stuff, but many customers are always listing their personal firearms, and at great prices for private sale. You can get some good deals.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/keystonegunsales/

The web site is obviously world wide access, so for security reasons the address does not need to be there. You simply call in, and you get all the information you need. Again as screwed up as today's world is, I don't need my wife or son in the shop when the idiots decide to try to hit the place because they saw an address for a local gun shop on a web site.

I am sure some might say "if your a business, you need to have an address listed" ....well that falls into the same arena as "If you in a business you need to advertise" Well we don't do that either beyond the web site, Facebook and simply word of mouth. Our operations may not be the norm, but it's the new way as we see it in dealing in firearms.

I had one of the country's big top 3 suppliers call the other day and say "Your phone message still says by appoint only, and our policy is that you must have open store hours" I gave him a quick education on our new way of operating and the thinking/justification behind it, told him maybe they need to change their policy and if they don't supply me they won't be missed. He put me on hold and came back on and said "with the numbers your doing, and listening to your justification, we don't want you to not get from us,,, so carry on"

Again we believe it's a new way to do business, and not everyone might like it or understand it, but it's working for us and were staying with it for now. Maybe someday when I have a full staff (thus prices will then have to go up to pay for payroll and Ollamacare, which I am trying to avoid) then we might have a couple open door days again. We used to have open door days with regular hours before, then people started lining up waiting hours for background approvals, etc, especially after the school shooting, so that's when we changed it to the present by appointment only. It gets ya in and out as fast as possible!!
    (and for those driving through and just want to stop, call us and tell us that. We will most likely call you back and get you right in if all you want to do is look around. 717-249-0000 ... Great... that phone number looks fake too!! LOL (Its real folks) LOL

In closing, I feel like KGS hijacked this thread from its original intent, so I may bow out at this point with further discussion about "us". I didn't mean to take over the thread with KGS, however I felt compelled on several counts the need to explain. Thanks and have a great day~~

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Keystone Guns View Post
    twency,,,if you were on our facebook page, you know there is nothing "false" about KGS, or the address. Yes its 1201 Fleetwood Drive.
    With our Facebook page you join by approval only, therefore you see everything because you were approved AFTER we checked out your profile. And for those who have not joined our Facebook site, you should. Not just for KGS stuff, but many customers are always listing their personal firearms, and at great prices for private sale. You can get some good deals.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/keystonegunsales/

The web site is obviously world wide access, so for security reasons the address does not need to be there. You simply call in, and you get all the information you need. Again as screwed up as today's world is, I don't need my wife or son in the shop when the idiots decide to try to hit the place because they saw an address for a local gun shop on a web site.

I am sure some might say "if your a business, you need to have an address listed" ....well that falls into the same arena as "If you in a business you need to advertise" Well we don't do that either beyond the web site, Facebook and simply word of mouth. Our operations may not be the norm, but it's the new way as we see it in dealing in firearms.

I had one of the country's big top 3 suppliers call the other day and say "Your phone message still says by appoint only, and our policy is that you must have open store hours" I gave him a quick education on our new way of operating and the thinking/justification behind it, told him maybe they need to change their policy and if they don't supply me they won't be missed. He put me on hold and came back on and said "with the numbers your doing, and listening to your justification, we don't want you to not get from us,,, so carry on"

Again we believe it's a new way to do business, and not everyone might like it or understand it, but it's working for us and were staying with it for now. Maybe someday when I have a full staff (thus prices will then have to go up to pay for payroll and Ollamacare, which I am trying to avoid) then we might have a couple open door days again. We used to have open door days with regular hours before, then people started lining up waiting hours for background approvals, etc, especially after the school shooting, so that's when we changed it to the present by appointment only. It gets ya in and out as fast as possible!!
    (and for those driving through and just want to stop, call us and tell us that. We will most likely call you back and get you right in if all you want to do is look around. 717-249-0000 ... Great... that phone number looks fake too!! LOL (Its real folks) LOL

In closing, I feel like KGS hijacked this thread from its original intent, so I may bow out at this point with further discussion about "us". I didn't mean to take over the thread with KGS, however I felt compelled on several counts the need to explain. Thanks and have a great day~~
    I did not "Like" or "Join" your Facebook page. The address is visible to anyone without doing so.

I found it using Google which brought up this page as a top result, including a Google preview which had your address (I didn't even have to go to Facebook): https://www.facebook.com/KeystoneGunSales
    Last edited by twency; February 21st, 2014 at 11:54 AM.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Cumberland County)

I don't have a facebook account and I can see the address. Just FYI, not poking at you.

I'd be interested in stopping by sometime, do you have good prices on ammo? What is someone just drops by, can they get in? Is the place locked up, do you knock or ring a bell or just walk in the door?

What is the best price on a Winchester SXP Extreme Defender (not Marine)?

Thanks-

BTW, isn't Cole's still running his shop?
    NRA Patron, GOA, 2nd AF ; Army 31B ; Most importantly-All of life for Christ <><

(Cumberland County)

I don't do facebook either. Never will! Can we call to get some ammo prices and gun prices?
    But It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

(Cumberland County)

Heh, I was searching for another shop, and google directed me to this thread. While I don't want to keep this thread hijacked, I do want to share my experience.

My girlfriend mentioned this place, explained the details to me, and my first reaction was, "Uh, yeah, just no. I am not making an appointment to go look at guns at some dude's house. I'll drive 45 minutes to Lanco, where I know everyone, everyone is friendly, and I get awesome prices."

She was looking for something very specific that was very difficult to find (outside of crazy prices on Gun Broker.) Keystone owner was able to find her the gun she wanted in the caliber she wanted within a day of her asking about it at an outstanding price. I went in with her, as I wasn't about to let her go to there by herself, as I've tried going to a "gun shop in someone's house" place before and I did not even feel comfortable there.

I was beyond surprised at how nice the place was, number of firearms they had in stock, and how professional and friendly the owner was. He even found us some ammo that we weren't able to find anywhere else. Last but not least, their prices were very good. Not what I call "Lanco-style low", but better than other local places (Trop, Spar, South Mountain, etc.) Ammo was a bit on the high side compared to Trop, but everything else was cheaper.

While I find this setup less than ideal, after giving it a chance, I like it enough to go back and recommend everyone else just give them a try. While I like just being able to stop by any time I want without making an appointment, it is REALLY nice to go in and be the only person (or a group) there. No waiting to see something, no competing for salesman's attention, no worrying about some idiot barrel-sweeping you while they are looking at a gun, etc.
    From the business point of view, this is a good idea. You don't have to staff your shop full-time, you avoid most expenses, which means you can afford to keep your prices low. Again- I am not 100% sold on this, but after giving them a chance, they won my business. Lanco remains my favorite shop, but these guys became my second favorite shop around here, and it is really nice to not necessarily have to drive to E-Town every time I want to buy something.

The only thing that really bothers me is the $20 transfer fee on firearms purchased there. $25 dollar transfers are fine (along with lanco- the best deal there is), but if I buy a gun from your store, that $20 fee really bothers me. For example, I was looking at buying a basic 12 G pump-action for home-defense, and settled on a basic Mossberg 500. Particular model I was looking at was $5 more than it was at Lanco. Factoring in gas and time it takes to get to Lanco, I am happy to pay $5 more, but if you include the "transfer" fee, we are looking at a $25 difference on a sub-$350 firearm.
    I still haven't decided where I am going to get it from, but it will probably be from keystone (just to support another local business because they were so kind in finding my girlfriend's gun), though if it weren't for that "transfer fee", I would have bought it that day. Don't get me wrong- I really don't give a crap about $20, but on principle, that "fee" bothers me.

Another minor annoyance is MSRP pricing on all tags. Now, he will tell you everything is just MSRP, and the actual price is lower, but it is annoying to have to ask what the "real" price is for every single firearm I look at.

I apologize again for keeping this thread hijacked, but I really wanted to share my positive experience at Keystone. I had the same reservations as some of the other folks who commented here, and while I still don't find the set-up ideal, I am glad my girlfriend talked me into giving them a chance because they are a very nice shop, and they are great people. Good prices, excellent service. Check them out and give them a chance. You may be pleasantly surprised.
    Last edited by SirStefan32; May 4th, 2014 at 10:32 AM.

(Cumberland County)

Question Re: Gun Shop on PA-34/Spring Road in Carlisle

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    The website for KSG says:

But the Facebook page says:

Why be coy about the address on the website if it's already on the Facebook page? Or does the Facebook page have a false address?

This address is a house. The 1201 Fleetwood Dr. Is this where you do business?
    But It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234