(Also posted over on taurusarmed.net)

Hi all..

Was at the range today knocking down steel plates like it was my job, with my PT145. At one point in the day, I started to get many light primer strikes, and then the gun ceased to function at all.

When cycling the slide, the trigger would not go into single action.. and pulling the trigger with double action again resulted in the firing pin barely moving.

The barrel, slide, etc. had just been cleaned before the trip to the range. I have had the pistol for a year now (purchased barely used), and have never taken apart the firing pin, etc.

I followed the directions found here, and when it came to taking the firing pin out, it didn't want to budge. I was under the impression that it would just slide right out. After a little persuasion, it did come out.. but there appears to be damage to it. I don't know what would cause it, or if it's SUPPOSED to look like this.. but my gut tells me that it's not right.

Also, in the "channel" that the firing pin rides on, there is a bit of metal down near the firing pin hole that has the same general shape as the markings on the firing pin. Any ideas? I have a bad feeling about this!!

Also of worry (and why I think the assembly didn't just slide out) is that there is a burr that extends past the outside diameter of the firing pin.