Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Springfield XD

(Clearfield County)

Default Springfield XD

Hey guys,I'm looking at getting another pistol I have been looking around and I really like the XD 40.So I'm looking for opinions on them. thanks

Default Re: Springfield XD

I love mine! shoot it first to make sure its the right thing for you!

-axmdr40
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Snyder County)

I love mine as well. I was dead set on getting a Glock until I shot the XD40. Then I knew I had to have one. I take mine everywhere. It is a little hard to conceal in the summer. But it always goes with me from car to house to work. Great gun!

(Cambria County)

I liked mine when I had it, but I didn't necessarily love it. It was a good, boring gun; boring in that it functioned 100% and was as accurate as one would need for defensive purposes, but nothing really jumped out and grabbed me about it. I no longer have it. If you really like them, get one, it's definitely a good gun and it's hard to go terribly wrong with one.

A couple of other considerations if I may:
    Walther P99 AS
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/pistols-4...99-review.html

FN FNP SAO
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/pistols-4...ao-review.html
    Last edited by NineseveN; September 6th, 2007 at 05:35 PM.

I really like the XD pistols alot. I have an XD-45 tactical, but my best friend Martin has an XD-40 service which I shoot alot. I like both pistols and neither of us has ever had a malfunction in any way. Martin has a couple thousand through his pistol, and I have over 7,000 rounds through mine, I stopped counting a while back. I personally like how easily the pistols are disassembled and the grip angle better than a glock. Keep in mind that it is all preference, and some people like the grip angles better than the glock. I also like the trigger MUCH better than I do the glock's. They are accurate, function whether they're clean, dirty, oiled, doesn't matter.

Just realize that there are NOT as many aftermarket parts for the XD's as some other pistols. When they first came out, it was almost impossible to get certain parts for them. Now there are quite a few parts that are out for the XD's. Contrary to what some people will tell you, springfield armory will send you some parts or springs without you sending the gun in. Some parts they will not, if you'd like to see other people's experiences with those sorts of issues, please check out the XD forum @ www.xdtalk.com.

There are also quite a few manufacturers who are developing products for the XD like crimson trace laser grips (who before didn't have a product for the XD). There are custom sear kits and trigger bars now, wolf and some other manufacturers are making recoil springs, don's guide rods, etc. The world of aftermarket parts is getting considerably larger for this pistol, originally it was the BIG problem with the pistol. Pretty much all the sight manufacturers make sights for this pistol now. Either way, if you do end up with an XD and ever need any support or tweaking help or detailed strip of the pistol, let me know and I'd be happy to help.

(Philadelphia County)

I have an xd .45 tactical, and I love it.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Chester County)

I'm the proud papa of this XD-9 and I would highly recommend the XD.

It's true that the XD might seem a little boring...but if you prefer guns that malfunction every once in a while to keep you interested...you should probably look elsewhere!

Buy one.

Slim
    "How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an Anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."- Ronald Reagan

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"- Patrick Henry

(Washington County)

My first pistol was a XD 9mm in stainless i really like it and if you are set on the XD i would look into the stainless model really happy with it

(Beaver County)

ive had my 2-tone xd-9 for a little while now and have been nothing but pleased with it.
    aside from my 1911, its my favorite handgun i own. many people will agree that it is an amazing gun and worth every penny.

(Perry County)

My dad has an XD in 9mm and he let me shoot it because I was interested in possibly getting one. It didn't impress me at all.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast