Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Dicks sporting goods

I noticed today a sign at dicks that said if you enter with a firearm please register it at the front. Of course I was carring and ignored the sign and shopped with no problem just wanted to know if anyone else knew this or has had any problems with dicks on CCW?By the way this store was in NE philly should I be surprised!

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Dicks sporting goods

In philly ya that seems normal i guess lol. I haven't noticed any signs @ the dicks in scranton.

(Lancaster County)

They have it in the York store as well. The first time I went there I complied. I was carrying a 92FS Inox. I went to a sales register and the girl said to take it out and put it on the counter. So guy came over and picked it up (no ID and didn't say a word to me) and started to look it over and pointed itr in my direction as well as towrds other people. I asked him who the hell he was and what did he think he was doing. He said he would check in the pistol. I said like hell you will put it back on the counter and I am leaving. He asked why. I just told put my pistol down and get out of my way
    --------------------
    Wayne

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935
    ---------------

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Headhunter 13 View Post
    They have it in the York store as well. The first time I went there I complied. I was carrying a 92FS Inox. I went to a sales register and the girl said to take it out and put it on the counter. So guy came over and picked it up (no ID and didn't say a word to me) and started to look it over and pointed itr in my direction as well as towrds other people. I asked him who the hell he was and what did he think he was doing. He said he would check in the pistol. I said like hell you will put it back on the counter and I am leaving. He asked why. I just told put my pistol down and get out of my way
    You are kidding right??

you let a stranger pick up your weapon like that? I hope you unloaded it before you put it down on the counter.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Jefferson County)

One of only two good things to come from the Clinton Era... Dont Ask, Dont tell... (the other was making the interfering of a lawful hunt a felony).

Keep'r concealed and just go abouts your business...
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

I work in the corp office for Dick's although I am not sure what our store policy is I know (as expected) that they are not permitted by employees at the corp office. I will check when I am back in on Monday what the store's policy is regarding firearms from customers and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by vetter3006 View Post
    I noticed today a sign at dicks that said if you enter with a firearm please register it at the front. Of course I was carring and ignored the sign and shopped with no problem just wanted to know if anyone else knew this or has had any problems with dicks on CCW?By the way this store was in NE philly should I be surprised!
    I cannot speak for Dicks...
    I can say that in most Sporting Goods stores which buy/sell/repair firearms, that they are talking about checking in any firearm you are bringing into the store for sale/trade/repair, etc. If you plan to pull/show your carry weapon, then it must be unloaded BEFORE you enter the store, and should be checked in at the front as well (like you are gonna try out some holsters for fit, or discuss a repair).
    If you are LTCF, and are carrying for "all lawful purposes", well just keep quiet, and mind your own business.
    If discovered, and subsequently asked to leave with your weapon, do so immediately, as failure to do so will result in possible arrest for trespassing.
    Does this help?
    mrwildroot
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Montanya View Post
    I work in the corp office for Dick's although I am not sure what our store policy is I know (as expected) that they are not permitted by employees at the corp office. I will check when I am back in on Monday what the store's policy is regarding firearms from customers and report back.
    AS Expected?? A company that makes money off of guns??

Why would someone be Expected to disarm their employees, do they have armed guards at the doors?

OK, I''m done nit-picking, Carry On!

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(York County)

I was in Dicks in Langhorne (Bucks County) this weekend and didn't notice any signs. There's a guy on opencarry.org that OC'd in that same store and the only response he got was from the cashier: "Gotta gun?". OCer replied "Yep" and went about his business undisturbed.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    You are kidding right??

you let a stranger pick up your weapon like that? I hope you unloaded it before you put it down on the counter.

Yes it was unloaded and locked open. I was talking to the cashier asking her what happened next or where the gun was to be locked up. The magazine was in my hand, when this guy with no warning just walked up. Took me by surprise. First and only time and never again.
    Last edited by Headhunter 13; September 6th, 2007 at 09:35 PM.
    --------------------
    Wayne

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935
    ---------------

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast