Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Default My Well Thought out Pistol Purchase Plan was changed to unexpected

I had a well thought out plan to buy a new pistol in August. I would have the money by then. I wanted to get a S&W M&P Compact 9mm like my wife had just bought. Did not have a compact pistol and had got alot of good feed back when asking about getting a M&P compact 9mm or 40 from this Forum. We went to tripolis triggers to sign up for pistol training. They have a nice indoor range. After signing up we went through the store and wanted to look at what they had to compare prices. I was kind of tired. I worked 11-7 and it was about 11:30 amand it is a 40 min drive. The owner started to bring out pistols to show after I said I was looking in the $700 dollar range. I was not thet into it. My wife was though. After several he brought out one that my wifes eyes got very wide. This got me interested. I looked down to see a very nice pistol. It was a S&W Model 6906 Performance Center pistol. He said it was just under $1000. I did not want to touch it because i figured it was out of my league and I had a Plan. After leaving I started to think about the Pistol. My wife noticed my silence and knew I was day dreaming about It. We got home. I had not listen to what he had to say about the pistol. My wife filled me in. He had got it from the S&W Rep. Was not new but never been fired. After we got home I got my calulator out and worked through some numbers. I could buy it but It would mean all my plans for the next 12 months were out the door. My wife and I went back the next day to have a closer look. She figured I would buy it. I told her I just wanted to hold and dry fire it and I had not made any decision. Remember I had a well thought out plan. She just smiled. After we both handled it she had a look on her face that said "Buy The Damn Gun." I Bought the Pistol. I will not be able to buy other toys I wanted but after bringing it home I know I made the right choice. I looked on line and saw 150 were made. Mine was 57. I did not see many Performance Center pistols on-line that were under $1200. He had a 40cal also. I usually stick with my plans. But I found that all goes out the window when it comes to pistols. Did I get a good deal or was I taken. The owner has a good Reputation. I took it apart. If it was fired it was done very little. I really like how it feels in my hand. Will be shooting it Friday.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: My Well Thought out Pistol Purchase Plan was changed to unexpected

Pic's or it never happened

I once had a 6906 and liked it very much. It was stock though. I am unable to give you any insight on the price of the one you purchased, but it doesn't sound inflated to me. Enjoy your new pistol.
    Jules

(Lycoming County)

Thumbs up Re: My Well Thought out Pistol Purchase Plan was changed to unexpected

Hello neighbor.
    Tripoli has an excellent rep. I only met the owner once and it was a lasting impression. You did not get taken.
    I know what you mean about having a plan, but.... some things you just can't pass up even if you have to borrow money from the paperboy!
    I think you have a lifetime warranty with S&W and you might have a potential rebate.
    Check with the S&W forum or just ask Tripoli.
    Last edited by crazy charlie; February 28th, 2010 at 08:42 AM. Reason: rebate

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicodendron11 View Post
    Pic's or it never happened
    I have and old digital camera but No way to put it on PC. Have not used it in 8 years.

(Adams County)

Sometimes one nice, big toy is better than several small ones down the road. Congrats!
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

(Lycoming County)

Wal Mart in Mill Hall has Win White Box 9mm about 2 hrs ago today.

(Montgomery County)

Plan? What plan?

Man plans and God laughs.

Accepting the inevitable greatly reduces anxiety, so just check brain at door when entering gun shop.

Enjoy your new toy. And it sounds like your wife is a keeper too!

Ham radio: when all else fails.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    I once had a 6906 and liked it very much. It was stock though. I am unable to give you any insight on the price of the one you purchased, but it doesn't sound inflated to me. Enjoy your new pistol.
    Jules
    What are good fitting holsters for the 6906.

Hokkmike Guest

Happens to me infrequently - UGAS "unexpected gun acquisition syndrome".

Only one cure - and you found it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast