Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Inpax-Self Defense Training-Pittsburgh PA

Has anyone gotten training with the Inpax company. Im looking for a good self defense and firearms training in southern PA. So if you know anything about the company please share.

Thanks in advance

http://www.inpax.net/

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Inpax-Self Defense Training-Pittsburgh PA

No replies?
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

I took their two-hour class/seminar/lecture on justifying the use of force. I knew the majority of the material regarding using deadly force, but I learned a fair amount about using less-than-lethal force to deal with situations that could arise any day. For the price, I thought it was an evening well spent.

(Allegheny County)

I am also interested in any reviews/critiques/experiences with this company. I have checked out their web site and would like to hear more about them from any who have trained with them.

Thanks in advance.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Allegheny County)

I have trained with Inpax. They provide various types of training including defensive tactics, open-hand techniques, impact weapons, edged weapons, and firearms. The instructors are very good and have the ability to tailor the curriculum to the trainee. The procedures and techniques that are taught at Inpax are designed to work regardless of the size, shape, athletic ability of the trainee or opponent/s. I think all one needs before starting is a willingness to learn. Are there any specific questions that you guys/gals are looking for?

(Allegheny County)

Interested in learning what the curriculum is for various firearms courses - more than detailed on the web page - I should just contact them.

Usually they also list the instructors and their credentials. Maybe I didn't look hard enough for this information?

http://www.inpax.net/zero60.html <- here is the handgun curriculum laid out in modules....

Has anyone taken Modules 1-3?

Can anyone compare it to other multi-day training they may have taken?

What are the typical class sizes? One-on-one? One instructor with a few (2-6?) people?

My wife wants to train as well with her gun - it seems like Inpax does 1-1 training, but if they did 2 at once or groups of friends that would be nice.
    Last edited by falcn; June 3rd, 2010 at 11:26 PM.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    Interested in learning what the curriculum is for various firearms courses - more than detailed on the web page - I should just contact them.

Usually they also list the instructors and their credentials. Maybe I didn't look hard enough for this information?

http://www.inpax.net/zero60.html <- here is the handgun curriculum laid out in modules....

Has anyone taken Modules 1-3?

Can anyone compare it to other multi-day training they may have taken?

What are the typical class sizes? One-on-one? One instructor with a few (2-6?) people?

My wife wants to train as well with her gun - it seems like Inpax does 1-1 training, but if they did 2 at once or groups of friends that would be nice.
    The Instructor bios/credentials are listed on the website under "The Team" near the top of the web page. For more specific info about the firearms instructors, you would have to contact Sam (two of the instructors are federal agents and one is a LEO).

I have taken modules 1-5. The class size was around 10 and there was one shooting relay (i.e. the class was not split up). There were between 3-4 instructors depending on the module. The class will usually run 1 Saturday per month and lasts 5 months (for 5 modules). I am pretty sure individual and special group classes are available. Again, contact Sam with specific questions.

The composition of my class was a mix of men and women whose experience ranged from zero to life-long shooters. By the end the new shooters had a great understanding/ability to deploy and use a handgun. The experience shooters also had learned new skills and polished up or fixed existing skills. Also, you can use a personal weapon or there can be a weapon provided for you.

The Inpax 0-60 handgun class is the only handgun class I have taken, so comparisons are limited. However, I have taken multiple-multiday rifle classes. The Inpax course is geared toward the average person and the atmosphere is very non-intimidating and fosters a good learning environment. This compared to some of the rifle classes I've taken where the training in geared towards LEO and military and was kind of a sink-or-swim experience.

From what I understand, there is a class running now that I think will be starting module 2. If you are interested in taking the class, email Sam. He may be able to run you and your wife through module 1 before the class meets for module 2 this month. If you have other questions let me know or email Sam with specific course details (he is very easy to talk to).
    Last edited by buzztime; June 4th, 2010 at 09:03 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by buzztime View Post
    I have taken modules 1-5. The class size was around 10 and there was one shooting relay (i.e. the class was not split up). There were between 3-4 instructors depending on the module. The class will usually run 1 Saturday per month and lasts 5 months (for 5 modules). I am pretty sure individual and special group classes are available. Again, contact Sam with specific questions.
    Thanks for the review! Any level of feedback is good to read. 3-4 instructors for 10 people is good.

It sounds like another good option for those that have a hard time scheduling 3 days in a row for long weekend classes.

I sent them an E-mail asking about the schedule and class minimums. I have a few friends that also would potentially be interested (2 couples) and that would get us to 6 people right off the bat.
    Last edited by falcn; June 4th, 2010 at 10:26 AM.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

I heard back from INPAX - here is the information they provided about schedule and curriculum:

CALENDAR OF UPCOMING EVENTS

0 - 60 Tactical Firearm Training - 9am to 3pm

Defensive Hand Gun Module I - July 17th and 18th

Defensive Hand Gun Module I - Aug 14th and 15th

Defensive Hand Gun Module II - Sept 25th and 26th

Cost is $425 for the two day classes.

Defensive Handgun I
    This entry-level course is specifically engineered for beginners, and provides a solid foundation of handgun skills for use as a defensive & concealed carry tool.
    Additionally, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of stopping power theories; legal implications of firearms ownership and usage; concealed carry issues; tactical mindset & aftermath preparation; proper gun & gear selection; as well as safe firearm ownership.

DEFENSIVE HANDGUN TRAINING COURSE DESCRIPTIONS
    Course Topics Include
    • Proper Grip &Trigger control
    • Sight alignment & Sight Picture
    • Stance & Mobility
    • Drawing from the Holster
    • Speed & Tactical Reloading
    • Clearing Malfunctions
    • Strong & weak hand shooting
    • Prioritizing & Engaging Multiple Threats
    • Use of Force & Concealed Carry Laws
    • Theories & Science of Stopping Power
    • Safe Firearm Ownership
    • Central Nervous System Disruption
    • Failure-to-Stop
    • Gun & Gear Selection
    • Survival Mindset & Stress Inoculation
    • Shooting Aftermath Preparation

Gear requirements:
    INPAX can provide all necessary training gear, including firearm and ammo.
    If you prefer to use your own gear, the following is mandatory:
    • Firearm (A functional and practical handgun chambered in 9mm, .40 cal, or .45 ACP - please confirm with INPAX prior to training to ensure your gun is suitable)
    • Min. 3 Magazines
    • Strong Side-Directional Holster (NO Cross-Draw, Shoulder, or Small of Back Holsters will be permitted)
    • Magazine Pouch(s)
    • Eye & Ear Protection
    • Sling (for Assault Rifle Courses)
    • Ammunition Requirements:
    • 1500 rounds for Handgun Courses
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

Did anyone end up taking the handgun 1 class? I'd love to hear how it was.