Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Question about OC...

Hypothetical situation: this occurred to me just now and I was wondering what you guys thought about this.

Let's say any one of us was legally OCing in a store while we were shopping. Someone, be it an anti or just an uninformed citizen, calls the police to come and check us out. The LEO comes and asks that we cover it up, knowing that what we are doing is legal. We say we prefer not to, and the LEO says, "If you don't cover it up, I will arrest you for causing a public disturbance."

What's the proper reaction to this kind of situation?
    Junior

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Question about OC...

The proper response is to not talk to the police, ever. Do not engage the officer in any type of conversation, whatsoever.

This will not stop a mis-informed police officer from arresting you. However, if you are illegally arrested pursue legal action and expect a five figure payout.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

"you are aware you just instructed me to commit a possibly illegal action" the phrase "official oppression" also comes to mind

(Montgomery County)

"Am I being detained, officer?"

Also, buy a voice recorder

(Philadelphia County)

ya ignore the cop that will work out well for you haha

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    The proper response is to not talk to the police, ever. Do not engage the officer in any type of conversation, whatsoever.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thread winner.

If a police officer is determined to arrest me for not breaking the law, then I guess I'm going to have an arrest record - regardless of any anticipated payout, which isn't as sure and as profitable as many would think.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Delaware County)

I don't mind talking to the police about the weather and the Phillies, but I also don't want to me an asshole and respond to anything an officer says with "Am I being detained?" I feel that once a situation escalates to a point where I feel undomfortable with the line of questions, I'd throw that line out there. Thanks, guys.
    Junior

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    I don't mind talking to the police about the weather and the Phillies, but I also don't want to me an asshole and respond to anything an officer says with "Am I being detained?" I feel that once a situation escalates to a point where I feel undomfortable with the line of questions, I'd throw that line out there. Thanks, guys.
    Asserting your rights and forcing them to operate within the confines of the law is NOT "being an asshole".
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

cops are not your friends

(Montgomery County)

Woah, woah, woah. You do realize that by talking about the weather, phillies etcetera the officer can pat you down for his own safety? You do also realize that the police can lie to you, but if you lie to them it is a crime!?!

Assholes are everywhere. You are never going to win any Karmic points by being "nice" to the police. If you are minding your own business, you have no business with the police. Here is your homework assignment:

Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast