Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Coventry Mall Close Call

One day my family and I went to the mall and on our way out I needed to use the restroom, so they bought treats and waited for me. I went to the restrooms in the center of the mall if anyones familiar w/ the area its pretty confined and nobody would here you if you needed help. So I went in and noticed 3 mexicans hanging out and it made me uneasy but I had to go by this time so I grabbed a stahl and then pondered what the hell they were doin. So I had no sidearm dumb move on my part so I zipped my leather coat up and put my leatherman in my hand. I came out didnt wash my hands just made eye contact w/1 mexican and then as I reached for the door the other 2 came back in, as i walked out they began to follow and I stepped up pace watchin in the mirror they backed off eventually. Now I hav martial arts training but Im not good enough to disarm someone. So now I carry my Beretta 96 Vertec everywhere and I bought a S.O.G. tactical tanto assisted folder, I will not become a victim. My wife seems to think I walked in on a drug deal so I use the food court facilitys.

Default Re: Coventry Mall Close Call

So I went in and noticed 3 mexicans hanging out
    How did you know they were from Mexico? Just kiddin'. Good job on the situational awareness.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfield_Glock View Post
    How did you know they were from Mexico? Just kiddin'. Good job on the situational awareness.
    They all look the same!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I can tell you've been rady8ed, you have a nice glow about you.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wallydoodle View Post
    One day my family and I went to the mall and on our way out I needed to use the restroom, so they bought treats and waited for me. I went to the restrooms in the center of the mall if anyones familiar w/ the area its pretty confined and nobody would here you if you needed help. So I went in and noticed 3 mexicans hanging out and it made me uneasy but I had to go by this time so I grabbed a stahl and then pondered what the hell they were doin. So I had no sidearm dumb move on my part so I zipped my leather coat up and put my leatherman in my hand. I came out didnt wash my hands just made eye contact w/1 mexican and then as I reached for the door the other 2 came back in, as i walked out they began to follow and I stepped up pace watchin in the mirror they backed off eventually. Now I hav martial arts training but Im not good enough to disarm someone. So now I carry my Beretta 96 Vertec everywhere and I bought a S.O.G. tactical tanto assisted folder, I will not become a victim. My wife seems to think I walked in on a drug deal so I use the food court facilitys.
    you're right, that bathroom is definitely secluded and eerily quiet too. it's a creepy feeling every time i've gone back there. i was once in a similar situation, but the 'mexicans' were a bunch of teenage hood rats (white, actually.. not a race related comment). there were 4 of them back there and obviously one or more of them was an 'unlicensed pharmacist'. as i walked in and did my business i could tell they were spooked and my presence was a threat to them. it would have been 4-on-1, so in that case there's no telling if they'd decide to jump me for the hell of it or what. the food court restrooms are much more frequently visited and nicer anyway so now that's where i prefer to go.

there have been plenty of times at that mall that i've felt the need to walk a little quicker or look over my shoulder. the parking lot right outside the food court gets a little shady with lots of hooded figures wandering around at night. it seems like every time i go there i see at least a few creepers that look like they're up to no good. i hate everything about pottstown and the mall is no exception.

Maybe your mall is like the one here in lancaster, it is notorious for same sex interactions in the bathroom areas. And no I don't know from experience, just what is reported in the news

(Monroe County)

Coventry mall close call? WTF? Were the "Mexicans" wearing sombreros with crisscrossed ammo belts over their ponchos? Would it have been a close call had three white kids been in there?

That post came across as the rantings of a paranoid racist. If that is wrong, learn to write better.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Berks County)

Pottstown has been on a downward spiral for years, I don't even like to go there anymore. My mall ventures are in and out of Boscovs or Dick's. It's not the race that's a threat there it is the "wanna be gangsta's" that seem to populate that area more and more all the time.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by wallydoodle View Post

well i have to say, I find your post racist, doesn't matter if it was 3 mexicans, 4 black guys, or 5 white guys,You should allways be cautious. And as far as that asshole rady8um, Where not all the same. Every race has trash, And class which one are you????? IM not mexican, i am puerto rican, But what you said is dead wrong
    Last edited by Joel Dreggie; March 7th, 2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: adding
    Mathews Z7

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    That post came across as the rantings of a paranoid racist. If that is wrong, learn to write better.
    ^^^This^^^

As far as I can tell, you just said, "I saw some hispanics in the bathroom, so I started carrying a gun."

(Lehigh County)

great, another gun-toting racist

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that they were in some way acting suspiciously and that was what spooked you. If not, then take away the sarcasm from my post's first line and re-evaluate your reasons for carrying.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast