Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Coventry Mall Close Call

Did you guys read the post about people leaving PAFOA? Does anyone think maybe BS like this is part of the reason????????????????????
    Didn't see a racism Thread listed here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1 step at a time will get you through a hard journey!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by schmol View Post
    Maybe your mall is like the one here in lancaster, it is notorious for same sex interactions in the bathroom areas. And no I don't know from experience, just what is reported in the news
    I didn't know that...

Thanks now I wont goto the bathroom at park city anymore lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Berks County)

In a sorta attempt to get this back on track....

1. Try to know more about your surroundings. If in a public area like a mall see if they have a map and locate the latrines before you need them. I had to learn this on thanks to my daughter when she was still a diaper wearer lol.

2. Always keep your firearm ON you. Of course this assumes you are a. a non prohibited person and b. you have a valid LTCF (License To Carry Firearms).

3. If you are getting ANY kind of sence of things out of the ordinary then make as good of an effort to avoid the situation. If that is not an option, then be prepared to repsond to an issue before you get in over your head. ie. hand on firearm, or back up as discretely as possible.

4. If you have to use a public restroom, then use the stalls even for non sit down issues. It protects your back from being rushed and when exiting it gives you addition options to observe or respond to any potential issues.
    Hand on door keeps the door from being used against you.

we now return you to your regulary scheduled rant........
    gotta love her ;)

(Venango County)

New to the forum, If i knew this is what was going to be discussed here; example, your a racist no your a racist. I would not have wasted my time. I get enough of the race baiting in daily life. I hope that this is not the standard that all post turn into.

If I say, 'I don't like black olives' some of you are going to say that I am a racist.

What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by wallydoodle View Post
    One day my family and I went to the mall and on our way out I needed to use the restroom, so they bought treats and waited for me. I went to the restrooms in the center of the mall if anyones familiar w/ the area its pretty confined and nobody would here you if you needed help. So I went in and noticed 3 mexicans hanging out and it made me uneasy but I had to go by this time so I grabbed a stahl and then pondered what the hell they were doin. So I had no sidearm dumb move on my part so I zipped my leather coat up and put my leatherman in my hand. I came out didnt wash my hands just made eye contact w/1 mexican and then as I reached for the door the other 2 came back in, as i walked out they began to follow and I stepped up pace watchin in the mirror they backed off eventually. Now I hav martial arts training but Im not good enough to disarm someone. So now I carry my Beretta 96 Vertec everywhere and I bought a S.O.G. tactical tanto assisted folder, I will not become a victim. My wife seems to think I walked in on a drug deal so I use the food court facilitys.
    Please, just type coat, and multi-tool from now on, some people are offended by leather.

I have seen the word " fucktard " used here quite a bit. I wonder how that makes people with a mentally handicapped family member feel ?
    Will I really care if LE later catch the guy who killed me ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman Kelley View Post
    New to the forum, If i knew this is what was going to be discussed here; example, your a racist no your a racist. I would not have wasted my time. I get enough of the race baiting in daily life. I hope that this is not the standard that all post turn into.

If I say, 'I don't like black olives' some of you are going to say that I am a racist.

What a joke.
    your in for a treat...you'll get slammed for everything you say, well mostly everything
    other than that its a good place with great info
    FJB

(Bedford County)

How does stating their Nationality equate to racism? If you would have said "there were three irishman standing in the corner looking suspicious" there would be no cries of racism. This is a perfect example of the current social condition being overly sensitive. Come on folks! there is no reason to belittle your fellow pafoa members for describing an incident that he felt had merit.

geeezz..

(Monroe County)

OP:
    Good on you for following your gut instinct that was telling you something does'nt seem right. We have many natural instincts that we ignore or dismiss for no good reason. Our instinct that "something is not right" has saved many people when followed up on and may have saved you. We will never know but it's better to be safe than sorry and as stated already much easier to reduce our threat level than increase it at a moments notice. This type of instinct helps us begin our evaluation of the threat to determine fight or flight.

(Montgomery County)

Time to let this thread go and move on from the racism discussion????????????????
    Last edited by yldwill; March 8th, 2010 at 01:10 PM.
    1 step at a time will get you through a hard journey!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jshwak View Post
    How does stating their Nationality equate to racism?
    It doesn't. It's the lack of any tangible warning signs. It's the difference between this:

Quote Originally Posted by Hypothetical
    Three Mexicans looked at me, then at each other, then nodded. One went and stood in front of the exit, and two flanked me with their hands in their pockets...
    and this:

Quote Originally Posted by Hypothetical
    Three Mexicans looked at me. One left the room. Another washed his hands. The third went into a stall and shut the door. My heart racing, I looked around for an escape route...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast