Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Re: Coventry Mall Close Call

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfield_Glock View Post
    How did you know they were from Mexico? Just kiddin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by rady8um View Post
    They all look the same!
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Were the "Mexicans" wearing sombreros with crisscrossed ammo belts over their ponchos? Would it have been a close call had three white kids been in there?

That post came across as the rantings of a paranoid racist. If that is wrong, learn to write better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Dreggie View Post
    well i have to say, I find your post racist, doesn't matter if it was 3 mexicans, 4 black guys, or 5 white guys,You should allways be cautious. And as far as that asshole rady8um, Where not all the same. Every race has trash, And class which one are you????? IM not mexican, i am puerto rican, But what you said is dead wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    great, another gun-toting racist

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that they were in some way acting suspiciously and that was what spooked you. If not, then take away the sarcasm from my post's first line and re-evaluate your reasons for carrying.

I have a few questions, but first a rant. I'm so tired of the "YOUR A RACIST" rants that go on here.

I ask you this. If a crime had been committed? And you were asked to discribe the person who did it? How would you describe the skin color. Would you tell the police that they looked like mexicans? Would you call them Black? Why am I white. I'm really German Decent. What if your Italian decent. Would it be racist to say he had dark black hair. OH WAIT... Don't most hispanics have dark hair. Maybe they were Italians. If you described your attacker as anything except white, with blond hair and blue eyes..... YOU MUST BE A RACIST

You call them as you see them. You may not be right. If they look black to you than that is what you perseve (Is Obama black? Or is he Milano... or light brown, why not just a darker white???). IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU RACIST.... IT IS HOW YOU SEE THIS INDIVIDUAL.... Duhhhh and that is life ladies and gentlemen.
    Last edited by Mtbkski; March 8th, 2010 at 08:39 AM.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Belasarius View Post
    "That post came across."

Not to me it didn't. And, he didn't say they were kids. Let's say they were 3 ADULTS so why you are you introducing the "kids" strawman? It's not the "Mexican" part of it that make it a "situation." It's 3 adult guys hanging around a bathroom for no apparent reason in a remote part of the mall. You could have asked for clarification but you rang the racist bell. That's pretty tiresome.
    Thank you.... Thank you.... Thank you....

You guys all have to grow up, and quit trying to degrade each other every time your on here. Instead, learn from the post. Help the poster to learn from the post. Maybe he didn't write it "policically correct". But he gave you the most info he could honestly. And you all made it a "RACE" issue.

You ask me, he had a close call.... but who cares about that. He made what could be construed as a rascist remark. We don't care if 3 guys could have jumped and beat him up... we want to know if you called them mexicans cause they looked like it, or because you just hate mexicans and everyone looks like a mexican to you, and what kind of mexican was he. Were they "citizens" or "illegal Immigants"?

Some of you guys are just jerks.

I need a beer and it's only 8 in the morning.

This is why people are leaving this forum. This is the perfect example.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    This is why people are leaving this forum. This is the perfect example.
    Indeed.

Lycannoteverythingneedsdebatedthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jed7mm View Post
    Why does everyone scream "racist" when someone mentions someone elses race...
    That's not what happened here. What happened here is that the OP described a perfectly uneventful trip to the bathroom, with no apparent warning signs at all, and he flipped to condition orange for no discernible reason. The only fact he really gave us about the incident was that there were hispanic people. Since there's no other obvious danger sign, we conclude that he went on the alert because they were hispanic.

Maybe the actual incident did justify heightened alert--but if so, the OP failed to provide us any information that would allow us to understand why that was.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by wallydoodle View Post
    Im not a racist I simply stated the setting and situation, so I guess when you other pc assholes are in a situation its ok to state the facts...
    Wally, I'm not sure you understand the point Headcase, Jah and others were making. Nothing in your story justified heightened alert. "Following" is pretty meaningless in a bathroom with only one exit, or for that matter in a mall in general. Everyone follows everyone in a mall; it's a bloody cattle chute.

If there was a good reason for your spidey-sense to start tingling, then you didn't tell us what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by das View Post
    Stop being a bunch of PC thugs. Political correctness is most ridiculous thing in the English Language. no no no dont say anything that can even remotely hurt someones feelings. Face it there are some situations that need more description. If the OP said there where 3 guys dressed in suites and they followed him out before acting suspiciously you would say hes paranoid. Take youre PC nonsense for youre idealistic perfect fake world you live in. das
    ^^^what he said^^^ some of you "PC" people are going too far with your "racist" crap.
    when the newspaper has a story, be on the look out for three men in their late 20's they robbed a man at gunpoint, everybody says well that does us no good, why dont they tell us what race or color they were? do you know why? probably so they dont offend people like YOU.
    i cant believe im reading this shit.
    FJB

(Cambria County)

This is how this thread should have unfolded.... But nooooo. We get to belittle a fellow gun owner. That is so much more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by wallydoodle View Post
    I went to the restrooms in the center of the mall if anyones familiar w/ the area its pretty confined and nobody would here you if you needed help.
    Sometimes it is worth the extra time that is needed to avoid areas like this. As a gun carrier. The first thing you should learn is that you want to go that extra mile to try to avoid those areas that are bad news. This sounds like a bad area. Stay out of it. Next time, make a trip to another bathroom or hold it till you get home. Heck, piss in the parking lot on your car tire.

So I went in and noticed 3 mexicans hanging out and it made me uneasy
    This could have been nothing. But it doesn't hurt to jump up on the alert scale at this point. It is what keeps us alive. Not cause they are Mexicans. Because there is 3 of them. Face it guys, most of us don't go to the bathroom together. So this is something that should have set off your alarms.

So I had no sidearm dumb move on my part so I zipped my leather coat up and put my leatherman in my hand.
    YOU DIDN'T HAVE A SIDEARM!!!!!?????!!!!!! Shame on you. Don't leave home without it.

My wife seems to think I walked in on a drug deal so I use the food court facilitys.
    Whatever it was... maybe it was nothing. But at least you were aware of the situation. You took what logical actions that you could. And everything turned out OK.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-12 View Post
    That's not what happened here.
    Sorry, but it became a race discussion.

What happened here is that the OP described a perfectly uneventful trip to the bathroom, with no apparent warning signs at all,
    If he was concerned. Then there was an issue. Who are we to say it was an "uneventful" situation. Didn't you ever feel uneasy when you buddies are telling you your reading to much into it?

and he flipped to condition orange for no discernible reason.
    Switching to condition orange isn't a bad thing. Easier to switch it back off, then to wish you had switched it on earlier. Most of us should be more cautious. Better safe than sorry.

The only fact he really gave us about the incident was that there were hispanic people. Since there's no other obvious danger sign, we conclude that he went on the alert because they were hispanic.
    you just walk into a small room, with three guys all standing around, in an area that you know that no one will hear you yelling if you did. And this doesn't put you on edge??? Your totally OK with this??? You don't have to pull you weapon and tell them to get against the wall.... but yes.... you should take note, You should be more alert. Face it... how often do you and two of your buddies hit the head together. It happens. But not like women. we usually go alone.

It may have been nothing. But, better to be alert and ready, then to have been taken off guard.
    Last edited by Mtbkski; March 8th, 2010 at 09:33 AM.

(Schuylkill County)

The guy comes in to tell his story of a situation, and this turns into yet another race discussion. Seriously guys, grow the f up. This is getting a little old. He said he went into a bathroom (fact), where there were 3 Mexicans (presumed fact, could be another 3rd world nation, but irrelevant), said they were looking suspicious (fact), in an area nobody could hear you scream for help (fact)... I would call that situational awareness. Stating the race of a group of people is not racist.

Some of you asshats on here are no better than Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, or anyone else crying for racism on every occasion of a mentioned race. Hell, I on that count, I guess the guy that posted a few down from the OP about the "white hood rats" would be racist.

Seriously, it's getting old. When you pull the race card out, shove it next time...

I'm not one to get too upset or mad, but this shit is getting really old.
    III%

Hokkmike Guest

People hanging out in a toliet are always cause for concern....Can't be anything good going on in that kind of environment.

Was your post racist? - I dunno, don't want to be over reactive and PC here.

I can understand you being nervous. I would be.
    Last edited by Hokkmike; March 8th, 2010 at 12:44 PM. Reason: spelling - more commentary.....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast