Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Coventry Mall Close Call

maybe it was these guys (found via Google image search for "3 Mexicans")

........ I would be creeped out by them too.

Quote Originally Posted by nlcrsn View Post
    If you go into a restroom with 3 people in it and as you leave, 2 return, I'd like to hear how any one of us would not go into an altered state of alertness! Granted the racial descrip is useless, but the situation and awareness shows sense.
    They left, returned and then followed him out??? My radar would have pegged!
    Regardless if they thought they dropped a house key or were actually involved in less than legal actions, that's what SA is about.
    Just to "reiterate".
    3 amigos/ americanos/ afrficanos / germanos / latinos / smurfos or any other humanos, in 3's, would leave me curious enough to be "prepared"! We often forget PC, or how easy it is to be racially bigoted when we talk about scenarios. Sometimes unintentional, other times the true colors shine through. I simply stated my awareness of 3 of any group or mix of would set me on alert!
    -Remember the Constitution-

(Luzerne County)

Why does everyone scream "racist" when someone mentions someone elses race...When you tell a story, you generally try to paint a mental picture of the scene for the people listening...they could have been sketchy white guys and he would have referred to them appropriately as to give you a mental image (wigger, punk etc)...I realize the proper term to use is Hispanic, but it's an honest mistake, don't label the guy a racist on just that

I use the word "wetback" among others quite often...a lot of you, just having read that have probably already labeled me a racist...now if I tell you that I now work in South Texas out on a secluded hunting ranch near a border town that is 99% mexican and I have illegals knocking on my bedroom window at night (for some reason they have a thing against using the front door) to ask for food/water/directions/rides etc....you would realize I'm referring to "illegals" and not Mexicans as an entire race...I'm engaged to a beautiful Mexican girl, and will actually be in Mexico with her this week visiting some of her family...but if you hung around me and heard me use racial slurs like wetback all the time you would think that wouldn't be the case...don't be so quick to label people...and yes I still use those words in front of her family and other mexicans, but they know me and know what i'm referring to...we dont know the OP, so be nice and don't judge him until you know him....I attached some trail cam photos of some of our visitors over the years...and yes I give them water, right after I call border patrol on them
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jed7mm; March 7th, 2010 at 11:17 PM.

(Chester County)

He's racist because he was being somewhat descriptive. I also agree that he was trying to paint a mental picture of the situation. Should he have said darker complected? Hispanic-Americans? I'm sorry if you're a perceptive enough person then you can tell the difference in Latin races. Since when was a nationality a racist remark? But it's all BS and not the point. Plus I only think you can cast the racist stone if your house isn't made of glass and you're full of shit if you say you've never made a statement in your entire life that could have been deemed racist. As for the situation, maybe the best judgment wasn't utilized in the scenario but if you've gotta go you gotta go. I know some of you would have rather peed your khakis on the way home that go in that bathroom at all but then paranoia runs deeper than urine stains...
    Last edited by ratrodfink; March 7th, 2010 at 11:45 PM.
    Those who fear the coming of all Hells
    are those who should be feared themselves.

Even though I made a couple jokes, I honestly don't believe the OP is a racist. He used the term "mexicans", but that's like seeing three white guys in a restroom and calling them "russians".

Now if he had said "spic" or "wetback", that would be more hateful.

In an effort to get the thread back on topic, I will say that restrooms can present a safety challenge because there is only one exit and public view is limited.

(Dauphin County)

Stop being a bunch of PC thugs. Political correctness is most ridiculous thing in the English Language. no no no dont say anything that can even remotely hurt someones feelings. Face it there are some situations that need more description. If the OP said there where 3 guys dressed in suites and they followed him out before acting suspiciously you would say hes paranoid. Take youre PC nonsense for youre idealistic perfect fake world you live in. das
    [SIGPIC]

Good reply jed7mm. I get youre point and agree.
    [SIGPIC]

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunNerd View Post
    PC or not the guy shat his pants (or shall I say pissed in his khakis) because "one day 3 mexicans walked behind him at the mall"

LOL

Almost as funny as the klansman in disguise up here telling us he calls Mexicans wetbacks in front of other Mexicans .... but its OK !! They know hes not a racist !
    I'm not in disguise...and check out my black friend As you can see I don't really take the race issue as seriously as some, and yes I do speak freely around whoever and about whatever, just as our forefathers intended...if you call that racist, oh well
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jed7mm; March 8th, 2010 at 03:05 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Im not a racist I simply stated the setting and situation, so I guess when you other pc assholes are in a situation its ok to state the facts. I carry because I have the right to protect my family and myself in this unstable world we live in. Im not sorry for the statement I had made because thats what and who it was, if it had been whites blacks yellows clowns it would have been listed. Opinions are what they are like assholes everybody has one. I dont know you and you dont know me. GOOD DAY!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast